Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 12:40 AM

By the way, I am fortunate enough to live in a place called Ubley, which is only 2 miles from the legendary village of Nempnett Thrubwell, which holds its own against Albuquerque quite nicely I think.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 AM

Trees here are pinyon (a low, shrubby sort of pine with edible 'nuts'), ponderosa (a tall and ponderous pine) and many more that for a shilling I will google for you.

Forgive my poetic pretentiousness in speaking of my death by fire at 17 -- it was then that i first sat in meditation and it was then that the sky broke open for me and i was as wounded and as healed as I could previously have never imagined. Long story worthy of late night wine.

Unbearable loss is as commonplace as anything, it seems.

What are you doing up so late? Surely, you have classes to teach or books to write that require rest of a man?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:02 AM

I don't teach (brrr... been there, posed that), and funnily enough it's 'books to write' that's keeping me up. I forgive your pp, I had a bomb go off in me nine years ago after my mum died, and during the explosion I got an entire novel dumped in my cortex over the space of three days (a deeply weird experience on all fronts). I'm still trying to work out whether I'm supposed to write it, and I'm still writing and writing and unwriting it, and of course it just keeps showing itself as more and more autobiographical, as the young protagonist meets and falls in love with a young man, and then a young woman, both of whom turn out to be children of Orpheus (for which some blame rests at the feet of Neil Gaiman). Trouble is, I've got more and more impatient with this chap and how he lets himself be pushed aroiund, so everything keeps shifting.
My bomb was a cosmic joke - for 10 days I was a bodhisattva, and then it took me a while to get the joke, which was: shhh... it's impermanent. you may tell me about yours if you wish - I have a glass of wine even if you don't.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 AM

"By making art a specially precious part of life, we have demoted It
from being all of life."

- Margaret Mead

I'm drinking sake. I just tried to post some story about two Easter bunnies (costumed) in the park, one with a video camera..., about frames, about wanting to capture the moment for some dang reason, to convey it, to live the mediated life. About how that doesn't satisfy.... About how clever I am... about Rumi and Kabir.... Luckily, the technology failed to post any of that.

Last edited by River; 04-12-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 AM

Default I use to look at MMF MFM and the order

I use to look at the order it was written into.... the letter in the middle being the "alpha leader' or focal point.... I guess I was reading into letters to deeply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Welcome to the boards.

The way that sort of setup is described would be "a MMF triad." The "triad" indicates that each is romantically involved with both of the others. A "MMF Vee," in contrast, denotes that the first M and the F are each tied to the central M and not each other.

So you're wanting a triad. Have anybody in mind for the other two thirds?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polandrylady View Post
I use to look at the order it was written into.... the letter in the middle being the "alpha leader' or focal point.... I guess I was reading into letters to deeply.
For triads, I don't think the letter order matters as everybody's equal and all that.

For vees, the middle letter denotes the hinge, so order is important there. Once one gets past that into quads and quints and networks, I don't think using letters is even useful.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.