Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Tired; jelly legged; and sore in a good way. Just got back from taking Wendigo home; now headed upstairs to cuddle Runic Wolf.

Tonight was very good; lots of snuggles, video games, rock band 3, and sexy time (hence the jelly legs).
Whew! Yay!

My gf (and I finally figured out a nickname for her) miss pixie is off to work as a counselor at a camp for transgender and genderqueer kids for a week. In her youth, ages 15 to 22, she used to spend all summer at boy scout camp as a counselor, after having been a camper for years (probably the most girly "boy" scout ever) and now she gets to work at a job she adores as her true self. She is really nervous about it, but excited. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for her.

So now I have time to myself for a week. I'm going to be able to spend time with my son, swim, work, and whatever else strikes my fancy.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-21-2011, 07:54 PM

Much better now that we have received good news about my father.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
LOL! Classic sitcom material!
*whistles innocently*

I'm not doing too bad at this point, still not as good as I'd like. Finally got to talk to some people, and it's raining! I love it when it storms. It's very cleansing and energizing at the same time.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
My gf (and I finally figured out a nickname for her) miss pixie is off to work as a counselor at a camp for transgender and genderqueer kids for a week.
I really admire miss pixie's energy and appetite for life. She never lets anything stand in her way!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setxfamily View Post
Much better now that we have received good news about my father.
I am glad for you, Tex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
*whistles innocently*

I'm not doing too bad at this point, still not as good as I'd like. Finally got to talk to some people, and it's raining! I love it when it storms. It's very cleansing and energizing at the same time.
I love storms too! And days of quiet gentle rain. Of course, I love a nice dry day temps 72, but I am getting tired of the high 80s and humidity here in Mass.

My sister in S Fla is in the path of their first hurricane in a couple years... eek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I really admire miss pixie's energy and appetite for life. She never lets anything stand in her way!
Thanks, Cindie. She is a wonder. *love* The campers arrived last night. She's in a cabin with 11 preteen and teen girls who spent time last night "proudly singing gaga at the top of their lungs." They are adorable and it's sure a change from Boy Scout camp, she said. hehe
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM

Having a great day! I just found out that CPS decided the crazy bat was, well crazy, and that her accusation was unfounded.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 AM

Had a very challenging time on the way to and at the Radical Faerie gathering I went to with Long Lost Love--who wasn't much interested in connecting with me, which is perhaps an understatement. So much that could go wrong went wrong. Near constant rain, endless mud, lost (bad directions to the site), backtracking, lack of sleep, wandering in the car back and forth..., driving fifty plus miles to the nearest motel for a bed for the night.... Abandoned (again) by Long Lost Love at the Gathering. (He found a pretty boy toy and that was that -- not even friendship relating with him after all of these (17!) years. He didn't even sleep once in the tent we brought for us. We didn't but say "Hi" now and then at the Gathering. But I did meet some good folks, and one of them might be a new friend -- we shall see.

So happy to be home!

River's Blog
Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 AM

Just finished cooking for the week -hope it turned out good! I am doing the South Beach diet again, trying to get back to pre-baby weight. The baby is being outrageously awesome, and I can't wait until my next weekend home with him!

Hubby has continued to enjoy poly munches - I can't join in on weeknights so I vicariously hear about them from him.

Neither of us has anyone except each other right now, but we are having fun -and if a new relationship happens, it happens, not going to worry about it...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Had a very challenging time on the way to and at the Radical Faerie gathering I went to with Long Lost Love--who wasn't much interested in connecting with me, which is perhaps an understatement. So much that could go wrong went wrong. Near constant rain, endless mud, lost (bad directions to the site), backtracking, lack of sleep, wandering in the car back and forth..., driving fifty plus miles to the nearest motel for a bed for the night.... Abandoned (again) by Long Lost Love at the Gathering. (He found a pretty boy toy and that was that -- not even friendship relating with him after all of these (17!) years. He didn't even sleep once in the tent we brought for us. We didn't but say "Hi" now and then at the Gathering. But I did meet some good folks, and one of them might be a new friend -- we shall see.

So happy to be home!
Wow River, what a disaster. I had thought for some reason plans with LLL had already fallen through. But you did get together, and yet he ignored you. My sympathies. I hope the other activities made up for his rude behavior a little.

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM

Wowee! My school just informed me that they're increasing the amount of emergency assistance they will give me. This is a grant for personal expenses, and they're now giving me enough to pay a month's rent! Such a welcome surprise, as I'm on the verge of having my gas & electric and cable turned off (cell phone already is), and the job I interviewed for never called me back for a second interview.

Thank goodness pasta is cheap, and my local deli and bagel shop both give me credit. Got someone coming over tonite to buy a piece of furniture from me, for a little cash.

Woo Fucking Hoo, even though I probably won't get the big check til next week, I'm so relieved about my immediate circumstances. Now to optimize my future...

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update