Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Hi Celiset, welcome (belatedly) to the forum. I'm one of those people who originally came to polyamory because of the desires of my partner, and I'm by no means rare here on the boards. Look a little deeper, and I know you'll find plenty of others.

If your interested in my story, you can find it at http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...=4518#post4518. Be warned though, it's no fairy tale, and we're still working on the happily ever after.

(Slight hijack: I've been thinking about it recently, and I find it interesting and odd that even though opening our lives to poly was completely Hubby's idea, at this point I'm far and away more poly-oriented than he is. )

My advice to you, and to anyone considering polyamory, is to read all you can on it, deeply consider all you learn and incorporate what seems right and true for you. This forum has been extremely valuable to me, and I know you will find many wise, compassionate and caring poly people here.

Approach every situation with love and respect for all concerned, because you never know what will trigger a sensitive spot in the relationship(s). And when you've identified a sensitive area, talk it out. Talk and talk and talk some more. Give that shit so much light and air that flowers blossom up out of it!

Best of luck to you, and to your ex-bf. I wish for ya'll th best possible outcome, whatever that may be.
Yay! You exist! Thank you!!! I will read your story later today when I get a chance.