Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
That's a lovely story, really. My favorite kind of poly story, lol - people cheat and learn that the other wouldn't have minded if they'd been honest and they finally get communication open and the relationship comes out stronger than ever and they go on their way with a new significant other or two or ten...
[snip]
if there were various poly fairly tales, that one would be my favorite. It just strikes a chord with me.
IF ???

At the Word of Mouth story telling club, Manchester, England on August 5th 2011 my first poly fairy story got its first outing, sorry I am not going to tell you the plot as it gets its second outing at Polyday 2011 and I don't want to spoil the ending....

The organiser of Polyday has made a slot for poly stories, about enough time for five or six of them, and I am hoping I will not be the only one to go with one prepared in advance.

I may be the only poly at the Manchester club, but I am not the only one to sometimes use a poly ending, to surprise the audience

So yes, you are going to have to upgrade your name now, to the HappierThanHappiestManALive

And I will look at the plot you summarised above, maybe it will be the outline for the next poly story

But I will leave you with a thought: all fairy tales are poly.

Were fairy tales mono the ending would be 'they both lived happily ever after' eh?

There are two Rivers here now: which one is this?

see
quaker poly experiences and poly: a quaker perspective

I hope other British Quakers who are poly (or wonder if they are) will contact me here, thanks, Friends.

Last edited by trueRiver; 08-21-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:49 AM

So, I suppose I'm back. It's been a few years, but life has a strange way of taking us in circles at times. The woman I'm currently dating found this board all by herself - I had actually forgotten about it.

So far things seem to be going pretty good. She and Mo just spent 4 hours chatting on facebook, which is pretty much against Mo's religion.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 AM

I was right .
Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 AM

Of course you did
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM

I really enjoyed last night. Thank you for your patience. And for taking our poking fun at you so well. It's fun to watch you blush.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM

That just means that I get to get even with you both
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Came home from work yesterday to find Mohegan and Pixie on the living room couch hanging out like old friends, with dinner waiting for me on the stove. Turns out they had spent the entire day together

Kind of loving my life right now.