Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 PM

I think the biggest issue is how each of you see the relationship. Has see had some horrible break ups or something that would cause this commitment resistance. I'm thinking poly is attractive to her because of this not the other way around. If you after all the time, effort, tears ....don't have boyfriend status that says something. I get it now. How does she label the other relationship or guy..... is he a guy I "see" at events or FWB or fuck buddy or is he a long distance boyfriend.

About the other guy: one could argue if he had a huge trust fund he'd have the perfect life. As a guy I to think its about him getting laid....and I have no problem with it ....god bless and have fun ...that being said the CDC may have his picture up on a wall somewhere too.

I'm confused about her reaction to your suggestion of dating other women...it sort of implies her feelings are stronger. If you're just the guy she's seeing you would think it would be no big deal or even welcomed to get you on board so to speak. I'd keep your dance card open.... go out and "see" some others then talk it may help put things in prospective.

I don't know what you need to do mentally to help you before deployment but I wouldn't count on her for providing it for you. I think you need to down grade how you saw things and where you saw it developing.... she becomes one of the girl(s) I'm seeing.....something like that if that's possible.

I bet getting shot at is easier than this shit ...

Good luck and be safe D
Old 08-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post

I bet getting shot at is easier than this shit ...
Ahahahahahaha ! Your dry humour always cracks me up. Just stop doing it when I have a mouthful of tea, please.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Yes being shot at is very easy, you just have to stand there and let someone else do the work. The problem is I get pissed off and usually shoot back.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 PM

let me rephrase ..... less stressful....

Sourgirl....if you weren't force to change your shirt we're still not even.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 PM

yes it is less stressful getting shot at. Getting shot at isn't that bad to be honest. I think it is the fact that I don't care if I die to be honest. It is more accepting my fate and being able to live with my choice.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 PM

Just dropped the woman off at the airport for her dance weekend. We talked she finally understands that when I say bf I don't mean in a mono sense but in the poly sense. She just told me she wants me to be hers. I feel very calm. She just wasn't sure what sense I would take everything in, since I am mono working on the poly thing. This is a step in the right direction. I am happy. that is all
Old 08-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I don't want to leave for deployment as the guy she was seeing. I know at that point it will drive me crazy. So I have told myself if that is still how she sees us by then, it will be over.*
I am right there with you. Sailing the the seven seas isn't what it used to be. You have to keep your head on a swivel, not off in the clouds, if you want to keep it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
The only problem I have with him is that in the dance community he is known to just sleep around with girls.
Don't forget the navy's three strikes policy. This could affect your health and your career.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:40 PM

I don't sail on the big grey boats. I am usually in afghanistan
Old 08-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Sorry, thought you were a squid out of Norfolk.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:37 PM

I am a squid. :P I am in the hampton roads area.

Tags
jealousy