Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 04:10 AM

Well, the girl J has been seeing moves off for college on Thursday. I have to admit, I won't be sad about it. With it being based off of lies, I'm ready for it to be over.

Then, we move to NM sometime over the next 2 weeks. I can't wait for J to find a girl that he can really build a relationship with based off of honesty with all parties involved. I know I'll still struggle at times because this is all new, but it will be great to have honesty abound.

Me, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm poly or not. It's not something that I want to take lightly. The idea of having a boyfriend just thrills me, but I'm not sure quite yet. I've talked to J about it and he says that he would like to think that he would be okay with me having and being with another guy, but he doesn't know how he would actually react until it would happen. The idea of me sleeping with someone else excites him in talk, but he's never had to deal with it in reality. He has had 100% of my sex and love life for the past almost 14 years. It would be a big change. The last thing I want is for it to affect him in a way that causes him to lose respect for me. That's my biggest fear.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Our she devil drama queen is back from San Antonio J and I are both so stressed out with her presence. Only a couple more weeks and then we're in NM. It can't get here soon enough!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:37 AM

Hang in there!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 AM

Thanks! She's been behaving so far. But, I'm not holding my breath about it lasting very long.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:03 AM

The girlfriend left for college yesterday morning, which I'm happy about but J is struggling with a bit. They're still talking and texting and FBing, but he feels it will die off over the next month. He told me last night that she really sucks at communicating, so it probably won't last much longer. He's a person that has to talk to someone he's involved with. She's someone that will ignore his texts or phone calls nearly all day, but expect him to reply or pick up when she decides she's ready to talk to him I've told him that he deserves better than the way she treats him, but he's been too infatuated with her to see it. Now that they have some distance between them and she's going to be busy with school, work, party life, I really feel he's going to start seeing what I was talking about.

We went out and had an AMAZING night last night. Took the boys to the state park about 2 miles down the road to camp. The boys fished until about 10pm, they were in heaven! J and I did some drag net fishing earlier in the day and then settled in at the bench when it was time to start cooking dinner and getting the tent set up. We had some "alone" time in the dark at the bench while the boys were fishing by flashlight (where we could see them). Oh my goodness!!!! We kept going off an on for a couple of hours LOL. I am so sore today, which J is just ecstatic about

J and I had a lot of time to talk and it was great. We talked about all sorts of silly things with very few serious things thrown in. We were both more interested in just having fun and relaxing.

J and I woke up about 7 this am and went straight to the lake to sink some lines. When the boys woke up they came down and joined us. If we could live on a lake and do things like this as we please, we would be on Cloud 9!!

J only has 10 more days left at his current job and then we move to NM for his new job! Super excited

Bad thing about the camping trip, I didn't get much rest the night before because J and I had a Netflix night where we just chilled and ate a bunch of junk food. Then, I went all day getting ready for the camp out, went all afternoon with swimming and fishing and having fun, went all out on the sex, and then didn't get to bed until 1am to wake up at 7, and then have gone all day today with unpacking and cleaning up and getting some personal work done. All that leads to, one very exhausted chronic pain sufferer which is not a good thing at all. I'm already feeling it You would think that after 8 years I would know better and take more precautions, but I really slipped up on this one. I'm probably going to be in a lot of pain and completely drained of energy for the next few days to a week. Just when J needs me the most as he's dealing with the girlfriend leaving and the communication distance that is already showing itself.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Everything is just a mess right now. Hubby has to report to his first work site in Albuquerque on the 6th. We have had everything set to move to NM to work out of a home base there, but it turns out that it isn't so. They are going to have him working all over the district (LA to W NM and almost all of TX) for the first 4 months as a probationary period. So, the boys and I are no longer moving to NM, but will have to wait it out here in OK with only seeing J about 15 days over the next 4 months . After the probationary period he'll be able to put in for a home base and then we can move. But until then.....

I'm really not happy about all of this and not dealing with it well at all. It probably would be better, except the college girl called last night, started a fight with J, said she was breaking up with him, and instead of accepting it like he should have because we all know it's not going to work out, he stayed up all night talking her into not breaking up and has been on the phone for the past 3+ hours today (since he woke up) with her again. So, 5 hours last night and 3+ today so far. I'm a mess right now. I've been doing nothing but crying since about 4am. I feel like I'm drowning between everything.

And of course, all of this stress has got my pain in a major flair, leaving me wanting to rip my head off and leave it behind so I don't have to feel the pain (pain is from the left side of my face being crushed in a 4-wheeler accident 8 yrs. ago, had complete reconstructive surgery). I just ate some food (even though I didn't want to) so I'm going to go take some heavy duty pain meds so I can at least try to function for my children. If I don't throw the food up first, I'm hurting so much that I'm feeling nauseous.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM

Doing much better today. Found out why I was especially sensitive to all the stress and such. Thank you Mother Nature!! I really don't like you

Anyways, the evening and night ended much better than the day started yesterday and today has been nothing but family time, looking at houses, enrolling the boys in school, and taking care of some other stuff. So, it's been good. Our 7th grader has decided that he doesn't want to take the basic classes, but take Pre-Algebra and Pre-AP Life Science. He really wants to push himself academically. I couldn't be prouder of him!!!'

Tomorrow they will probably start classes. I don't know what I'm going to do with them being gone to school everyday. We've homeschooled the past two years, so this is going to be weird.

Now, time to relax with dinner and a movie. J and I stocked up on the movies for tonight, so it's gonna be a great night.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:29 AM

The boys' first day at school went well. Our oldest is an overachiever lol. So proud of him!! We got his classes set this morning and he is taking Pre-AP Life Science, Pre-AP Literature, Pre-Algebra, Geography, Spanish, and Basic Keyboarding. He is going to test to see if he can by pass Pre-Algebra and just move on to Algebra. Did I mention that he's only in 7th grade and 12 years old??
Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 PM

Hey there!

I had to sneak in a comment because if anybody knows about travelling hubbies it's me. Hubs is in the navy and has been gone about 19 months out of the past 36. It does kind of suck, but at least it's only 4 months, and you'll still get to see him a bit in there.

But... a few suggestions that might help. Make time to say good morning and good night every night-- whether it needs to be a text in the a.m. and a call at night or whatever. Even if it's five minutes-- that connection is super important. Figure out how to skype and set up a schedule. Hubs and I were doing once a week, but you can do more often than that if you have the time between the two of you. That way you can have a skype "date".

And last, make fun plans for when he's home so that you have that to look forward to.

And for you-- make sure you're taking time to take care of yourself. Being home with the kids alone can make it easy to overdo and end up sick or in pain-- even without the chronic pain you have. Remember, if you are down you can't be there for them as well, so if you need to do a little less than you think you should at times, DO IT!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM

Minxxa, THANK YOU!!

We have already been talking about the online talking and went and looked at some cameras for the computer so we can budget for it. The plan is to talk online every night. That way he can see the boys everyday, see how their day was at school, if they're behaving, see how I'm doing, etc. He's worked nights up until this point, so I'm already used to texting or calling him to say good night for the night. Good morning and Good Night are two bonds that I really want to keep in place. They mean a lot to both of us.

I've been really worried about the chronic pain end of things. I've been in a flair all week, making it hard for me to focus on even saying a simple sentence. I felt like a bumbling idiot when I was getting our boys registered in school. They'd ask me a very simple question and it would take me almost 5 minutes to come up with the answer. I hate this!!

J leaves on Monday and we probably won't get to see him for real for almost a month, maybe more We're both really hoping that he gets accepted on a bid for a home base as soon as his probationary period is up. That way we can get moved to where it is and have him home more often.

This is probably as close to being a military wife as I could handle getting. You guys are so awesome!! I don't know, I think that maybe I could do it with knowing that he would be doing something great for his country. But, it definitely wouldn't be easy. You wives have got a lot of strength and endurance to do what you do! Tell your hubby THANK YOU for all that he does and THANK YOU to you as well for being a wife that's willing to stand by her man!!!