Looking for people in alternative lifestyles to contribute to our survey on various r

Hello!

I'm part of a research lab at the University of Michigan's Psychology Lab called Stigmatized Sexualities. We conduct various studies that investigate all sorts of aspects of sexuality and the ways in which less conventional sexualities are wrongly stigmatized in society in order to combat injustice.

Currently, we have an online survey that is in need of a more diverse sample of respondents- namely we need more participants who are in consensual non-monogamous relationships (swingers, open relationships, etc). We were hoping that your organization would be able to distribute the link to our survey to your members to increase our sample size!

The survey is fairly short (should take about 5-7 minutes to complete), asks about various aspects of both romantic and sexual relationships, and is completely anonymous. Here is the link:
http://umichpsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5zQH15hCmAHxXOk

Please consider taking our survey to help our research. We could not make progress without the help of volunteers, and we thank you so much for your time and effort!

You are the most like Melissa Ethridge! Sincere and honest, you strive to achieve a deep meaningful emotional connection with others. After taking time to establish yourself and dig deep to realize who you are, you are not in the mood to play games. You put a lot of effort into your relationships, but lately have not been feeling like your efforts are appreciated. You tend to over-analyze situations, often worrying that you aren’t doing enough. That kind of concern and pressure can put added stress on a relationship, making it even more strained. Step back and evaluate the situation calmly. Try to look at each scenario that you have doubts about from both sides. It may help you achieve greater clarity and pinpoint the things you really need to talk about!

I took your survey. I am pansexual, in a LTR with a transwoman, and we are deeply in love and both poly. I thought it was well done except that some of the questions had me wondering how to answer, since my relationship with my poly gf is so great, but others, men, I have tried to date in the past 2 1/2 years have mostly let me down so badly. Men! They can really suck.

Hrm. That's actually the best survey I've seen linked here. Most are just terrible at taking into account the huge variety in poly relationship structure.

You are most like Ellen DeGeneres! You have faced criticism head on and it has only made you stronger. You are fun, funny, and true to yourself! You are known for your easygoing nature and maintain your personal relationships seamlessly. You like to keep your private life, well, private! Relationships are important to you and when you enter into one, you intend for it to last. Though known for your tranquil nature in your personal relationships, you can sometimes get caught up in the things you can’t control. Remember that you can’t win them all and not to get discouraged if progress seems slow to develop. Don’t let all the other stuff ruin your good time! Just keep swimming!

Good survey. I hope the results are useful.

I got Scarlett Johansson. Didn't save the summary but it was about being strong and independent or something.

I wonder how many different celebs they have programmed into it?

Hehe! How funny we all got a different female celebrity!

My cheif complaints about that survey is that

(a) It presumed that I've had sexual relations with anyone I count as a love partner (not yet with one of 'em!)

and

(b) It presumed that any new relationship I have can only have lasted a very few weeks at max. It made no allowances for choosing a longer duration than ... what was it ... like four weeks. Sheesh! (Whoever wrote this survey doesn't think non-mono relationships can last very long!)

Back