Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
I am a teacher. School started today. I have to cover up what what I am at all times. It burns me to do so. I am proud of who I am and the relationships that I have. I have a husband and a girlfriend that love me very much. What is NOT to be proud of.
I know a lot of people in that situation. They need to hide their relationships because their jobs have "indecency" clauses in the hiring contracts, and most don't recognize the validity of a poly style relationship set. They see it as something dirty and disgusting (although deep down I wonder if that's because they think that, or that they are jealous they can't be that comfortable ).
Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Things are ok.

Hating my office right now.

S'all good. It will get better. Either because it will, or I'll leave.

No real news or information on the relationship side of things. Life with the man is pretty darned good. We went to see my step-mom a few weeks ago and I told her that we had gone through some 'schtuff' but now we were stronger than other. She said it was noticable

Other than work crap, things are good

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 PM

I am feeling very full on life at the moment. That is the only way I can describe it and I don't know if it conveys much. I have pushed through a big something and I don't quite know how to "be" on this, the other side of it yet. It's a bit like looking around and being in a whole new world and not quite knowing what to investigate first. I think maybe this time I have really untethered from monogamy.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:31 AM

One of Lin's best friends died in a car crash yesterday. She was 31, pregnant with her first child, fourth month, her husband lost his parents in an accident four months ago. We don't know how he will handle it. She and her three friends were dead immediately, the other driver survived ...

Got terrible headaches totday, migraine is kicking in big time, feels like crap.

My Blog
Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Congrats, Mags! I am beginning to look forward to the day when mine is finalized!
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Good deal, Magdlyn!
Thanks, you guys. A huge load lifted from my shoulders. I feel no sense of loss, in fact, I now feel more whole.

Not to mention it's great being done with all the red tape and lawyerly wrangling!

FREEDOM!!

I wish the same for you, Cindie.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 PM

Congrats Mags!

I'm doing pretty good today. Runic Wolf skyped with Wendigo on Thursday and I briefly skyped with him yesterday before Runic Wolf took me out shopping for the dress I am wearing to our friend's wedding today. I am doing some self pampering today, getting a hair cut and picking up some make up later to wear (something I rarely do). I think my interview went well yesterday. I am slightly nervous that they will decide I didn't take enough child focused courses for my Child and Family Studies degree. But I should know something by the end of next week.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Got terrible headaches totday, migraine is kicking in big time, feels like crap.
Very sorry to hear about Lin's tragedy. Hope you're able to help him through it.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:48 PM

HUGS to all who want or need them!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM

Hubbie's friend seems to have given him the brush off in her latest email to him. Neither of us have had much luck on the internet, but we are thinking of hanging out in poly and/or swinger friendly clubs. Any suggestions for just hanging out in the NYC area on a weekend? Neither of us is into BDSM, we're pretty vanilla.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 PM

ZOMG awesome today.

Ended a relationship that was seriously unhealthy for me. Felt like I couldn't (it felt like I "owed" him something) and so this is a HUGE step for me.

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update