Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Part of the reason why I'm reluctant to go on hormonal birth control is the emerging scientific evidence and personal anecdotes I've heard of how women choose different partners while on the pill compared to when off any hormonal birth control, and how the pill affects women's natural body odour so that while men feel naturally attracted to women with different immune systems from their own based on their smell, being on the pill affects this selection process.
I've seen a documentary about that. I am very thankful that I was not on the pill when I met Asha. And he did not use any deodorant or cologne, so I had a pretty good idea of what he smelled like. Yum to my nose
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
We got a proverb in German: If you are unable to bear/stand someone, we say you can't 'smell' him.
That's funny, we have the same expression in French. I would expect similar expression in languages that are closer, such as Latin languages from one to the next, but German and French aren't that close, so that's pretty interesting.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM

Indeed There has to be some truth to it. At least for me; I definitely have to say it fits.