Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 03:52 AM

Heh. My roommate and I tend to get into massively bitchy fights around our periods, too. I'm not entirely convinced it's just because of hormones, but I think the irritability makes any other issues that much harder to deal with calmly.

I do know that my boyfriend really appreciated it the other day when I told him that I wanted to discuss some issues with him, but that I didn't want to have the discussion just yet because I'm pretty pissy right now. He was quite grateful that I'd pointed it out myself, instead of him silently biting his tongue about it.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 AM

I think it's awesome that she did all that for you!

I don't get a period anymore due to meds for endometriosis, but I still get the hormone flux. When I recognize it I warn Karma and he usualy treads a little lighter. I don't get bitchy as much as I take everything personaly and cry at every percieved attack.

Panda and I didn't live together, but we might as well have with all the time we spent together. We started getting them together and Karma would come home with ice cream and movies and then leave to our house or hers depending on where we were. We got along fine, we'd just sit there and cry together over stupid movies.

and yes for some women the way the hormones change, medication is needed. It may be a naturaly occuring, good thing, religious experience, but if the hormones shift that far, a bubble bath is not going to make anything better. I was ready to put my Dr up for sainthood when she finaly saw what other dr's didn't. With my hormones regulated, my moods are much more stable, my endo pain is almost un noticable, and I have a sex drive again. Hormones play a larger role than most people realize.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
menstrual blood was considered magical.
My menstrual blood is magical, too. It turns me into a crazy b*tch! LMAO

Married Bi-female in a poly-fi triad with Girlfriend Pinky1223 and Hubby - Poppa
Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 PM

I am in menopause, so you can be sure I understand what hormones will do - especially when I feel like a furnace inside me has suddenly been turned up all the way! My reaction in this thread was to taking Xanax. I don't think something like that should ever be laughed about and considered so lightly.

If anyone's interested in natural ways to support the processes a women undergoes, rather than just eradicating symptoms with allopathic medicine, check out Susun Weed's books. I've met her and taken classes with her. She added the chapter on thyroid health to her book Menopausal Years after I suggested it to her (and she sent me a new revised copy as a thank-you!). She's very knowledgeable.

http://www.susunweed.com/WiseWomanHerbals.htm

and also:

Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health the Wise Woman Way

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 08-06-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Default Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
My reaction in this thread was to taking Xanax. I don't think something like that should ever be laughed about and considered so lightly.
Sorry, ncyindie, didn't mean to offend. I do have a prescription. I'm not buying them on the street or the internet.

Let's get back to the point of this thread...what does everyone do to smooth out the wrinkles in your life caused by PMS/hormones/being a chick?

Married Bi-female in a poly-fi triad with Girlfriend Pinky1223 and Hubby - Poppa
Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeDee View Post
Let's get back to the point of this thread...what does everyone do to smooth out the wrinkles in your life caused by PMS/hormones/being a chick?

I was on-topic. See my previous post of book recommendations.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Tags
advice, fights, funny, hormones, pms