Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM

^I'm the same way to you, I don't really like talking on the phone. I can do it, if needed and it's easier with somebody you're very close with. Weirdly enough, I find it a lot easier to focus when talking on skype, even if I'm not using a webcam. I don't know why that is, though.

I'm in an LDR and skype is a must. While textual communication is nice and really important, some things just aren't well communicated by that only. I notice that I can't emphatise as well if I read about feelings (unless somebody is an exceptionally talented writer), I think the feeling is best communicated in the tone of voice etc. when you're talking. Also, I have a problem with "understanding" time in written text: if a person writes about what they will do on Monday, I can't seem to connect it to an actual Monday, you know, the same one I'm living in a few days. I do have some trouble with it on skype, too, but not nearly as bad.

Tags
jealousy, ldr, long distance, long distance love, long distant love, love, non-responsive, triad