Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
i predict that the boyfriend will drop Rob's wife as soon as he finds out they're splitting up.
I actually thought this as well....
Chris
Old 07-30-2011, 03:44 AM

I think that he will drop her as well. My cousin's husband had a 20 yr affair and as soon as he left her for the other woman, that woman dumped him.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM

She will never be happy so I am better off without her. I would not be surprised if he dumps her too. She texted him non stop all day yesterday. Then she sent one text after our fight and no response. No phone call either. Not a good sign for her. I hope she feels some pain because I have never felt so much pain.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 AM

*hugs* I know that words and Internet hugs aren't going to help but I wish you happiness at the end of this once you have had time to grieve.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM

Thanks again to all who send their support to me. The latest update is that T has not responded to any of her communications. So to all who predicted he would disappear after she told him we were separated, you were right.

Now for the weird part. I feel bad for her. She is heartbroken that he is not responding to her. And I actually understand. It's not like they had a long talk and decided to break it off. He texted and said 'I don't want anything tondo with breaking up your marriage' and then disappeared. I know he is trying to do the right thing by breaking it off. But i do think she deserved more from him than that. I guess I am not an evil bastard after all. To see her so sad really makes me sad too.

So on top of figuring out our relationship we have this to deal with. So complex. But in a strange way, it has opened the level of communications between us as we sort through our next steps.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Wow, how wise are some of our experienced members, to have predicted that.

This all kind of reminds me of a dozen Hollywood movies, where a soldier goes off to war, or some premise, asking his best buddy (who isn't deemed able for the war) to "watch out for my wife." And then the wife and best bud fall in love. Then the soldier is thought to be killed in the line of duty, so the widow and buddy get married. But then, surprise! The soldier isn't dead after all, comes home and...

Then what?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't think anybody here thought you were an evil bastard for a second.

With T out of the picture, it might be a good time to think about nycindie's advice some pages back about The Healing Separation.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Custodian

Hamburger out or steak at home.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCourage View Post
Thanks again to all who send their support to me. The latest update is that T has not responded to any of her communications. So to all who predicted he would disappear after she told him we were separated, you were right.

Now for the weird part. I feel bad for her. She is heartbroken that he is not responding to her. And I actually understand. It's not like they had a long talk and decided to break it off. He texted and said 'I don't want anything tondo with breaking up your marriage' and then disappeared. I know he is trying to do the right thing by breaking it off. But i do think she deserved more from him than that. I guess I am not an evil bastard after all. To see her so sad really makes me sad too.

So on top of figuring out our relationship we have this to deal with. So complex. But in a strange way, it has opened the level of communications between us as we sort through our next steps.
I agree that I don't think anybody thought you were an evil bastard. It was a tough experience and I think you did your best to work through issues and try to do the best you could.

And of course you feel bad for her, you still care about her. And I hope the renewed open communication helps you two sort through all you need to figure out.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Hamburger out or steak at home.
*like*
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years

Tags
breaking up, marriage, marriage breakup, open marriage, threesome, vee