Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Then you may not be unicorn material! It's always gonna be 2 against one, imo.
Why can't she set her own boundaries and call them on any unfairness or ganging up that they do? Sure, they have the ability to team up as an arbitrarily loyal couple, but they can also be reasonable and accountable to her, can't they? If they can't, I don't think it would be wise to engage in a relationship with them.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Sorry River. But ...
Magdlyn, This post, along with your other, helps me realize what a damn wonderful, special, precious and desirable man I am. Thanks!

River's Blog
Old 07-30-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Magdlyn, This post, along with your other, helps me realize what a damn wonderful, special, precious and desirable man I am. Thanks!
LOL! Not my intent but glad it boosted your self esteem!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-31-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
LOL! Not my intent but glad it boosted your self esteem!
How could it not? I mean, reading your comments on men-in-general suggests that most all men are creepy, manipulative, selfish, lying dorks without any emotional intelligence or capacity for a well-rounded loving presence.

If this be true about men-in-general, I'm quite a prize! since I have the rare combination of a penis, honestly, sincerity, truth-telling, tenderness, kindness, empathy, intelligence, bigheartedness, and etc., etc... (And I'm humble, too!).

River's Blog
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
How could it not? I mean, reading your comments on men-in-general suggests that most all men are creepy, manipulative, selfish, lying dorks without any emotional intelligence or capacity for a well-rounded loving presence.
sigh... Not all men. Just the couple-3 dozen I've dated in the past 2 1/2 years. One exception, my 2 year relationship with my "boytoy." But even he stopped coming around, with no explanation, no closure at all.

My gf's bf is pretty cool. So are a couple friends of mine. Ummm, wait, they're transmen.

Quote:
If this be true about men-in-general, I'm quite a prize! since I have the rare combination of a penis, honestly, sincerity, truth-telling, tenderness, kindness, empathy, intelligence, bigheartedness, and etc...
Yeah, you rock, as far as I can tell.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37