Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 PM

hey, i googled radical faeries, it' wonderful!! i didn't know..

thanks sooo much

and yes, me too i'm very happy with my grey hair and experiences that had come to accompany them to a vast care for my self, a different way of taking care, loving and letting be loved
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 PM

It's lovely to see you taking "vast" care of yourself, Neegoola! Would that we all could do so with ourselves! The world would be so much the better.

Today I am meditating on the word, sincere.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sincere

The Long Lost Love guy (mentioned above) said something that rang in my ears all of these years, about my being sincere. And he and I talked about that the other day on the phone. It's true. Sincerity has long marked my personality, has been both what I longed for (more of it!) and what has guided me all along.

But the truth is, today, my sincerity feels like unilateral disarmament, and has a sad quality about it, a kind of grief. For ours is not a world that much celebrates and honors
sincerity, perhaps especially in men. People are often put off, offended, by vulnerability and authenticity, it seems. Sometimes I feel as if I cary a deadly virus and I'm sneezing and caughing its scary germs in public places. Sometimes I feel toxic, as if I am exuding acid fumes. Sometimes I feel like an alien species.

Or maybe I'm just grieving for the fear and trembling which causes so many to hide behind masks and fronts, in shielding and armor. Or maybe I'm afraid to unmask and unshield further, as I so want to do. Or maybe I'm afraid I'll be abandoned if I follow my calling to its logical conclusion. It's probably all of the above. But today I know the whole thing is raw, difficult, painful. I see people I love who are anguished because they simply don't know how to open up and tell the truth about themselves, lay it all out there and be loved in it. So that they can come home to themselves, at last.

River's Blog
Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Hey River, I was away at a music fest for a week and didn't see your requests for love, hugs and kisses to help you celebrate your new-found joy in life.

Love Hugs Kisses!!!

As far as being naked (naiked) emotionally goes, this is why I hang out with young people so much. I am about to turn 56 and the people I went to the fest with, a troop of about 12-15, nice coven size, were all ages from 19-37. Younger people are enjoyably naive, energetic, funny and open. Most people my age get stuck in ruts, living on past glories, getting more conservative and rigid as they age.

Fuck that! I'm still alive and vibrant and sexy (some would say "spry" ), and I'm not living in the past, stuck in remembering the good ol' days when I was in my 20s in the 1970s. This life is meant to be lived, drinking in every drop, making allowances for sore joints and muscles, taking care of my physical body as much as I can so I can just keep playing and learning and connnecting deeply with people and nature.

The beauty of it is, I have the wisdom of my accumulated years as wife and mother and counselor to add to the playfulness I share with "the kids."
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-29-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
The beauty of it is, I have the wisdom of my accumulated years as wife and mother and counselor to add to the playfulness I share with "the kids."
How fortunate for you and they!

Thanks so much for the Love Hugs Kisses, Magdlyn.

Speaking of getting a little older ... I'm 45, and am thinking of going to massage school to begin a new career (part time) in that field. But my fingers are crossed on that, since I may or may not have a benefactor to pay for my schooling. Without that, I may not be able to do it.

I lost a bunch of years of potential career development to Emotional Basketcase Syndrom. Sigh.

My other hat is writer/publisher. And my other hat is artist/craftsman.

River's Blog
Old 07-30-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
that's it!!!
nice to meet you, mag
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
It's lovely to see you taking "vast" care of yourself, Neegoola! Would that we all could do so with ourselves! The world would be so much the better.

Today I am meditating on the word, sincere.
darlin', i say that Now i'm taking care of my self vastly in comparison to troubles and wounds i provocated since 2 years ago to me and some other ego minds and bodies around me. ...
i discovered that it is not impossible saying "no" sometimes to my Inner Servant (Unihipili?) and letting Her see that something nice and interesting and clever and lovely is going to happen with that shift.
sometimes..kind of work, dear

i share everything you wrote about sincerity; well.. there is something bit.. sad i could add from my experience in being TOO sincere, but for the moment i feel simply to report what Yi (I Ching) often reminds me: flow like water does, filling up every corner while running in her path, in the opportune way.
i swear i'm doing my very best for it, but it's for me one of the most difficult control i have to have.
you remember that tell? "the emperor is naked!!" here we are...but i'm not a child..

simply yours (of every reader, of course )
Old 07-30-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neegoola View Post
nice to meet you, mag
Thanks, but I don't think we've been formally introduced. Would you mind starting a thread in the Intros forum, stating your gender, experience with being poly, and a few other biographical details? Thanks!

Quote:
darlin'...
Is River your lover??
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:

"Darlin'"

Is River your lover??
Nope. But I do appreciate being called "darlin'" by any kind person who wants to call me "darlin'".

I call lots of people "darlin'". Some are acquaintances; some are friends; some
are lovers. I mean it differently with the lovers (or I'm romantically interested, anyway--as with "M" of Minnesota), of course!

River's Blog
Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't think we've been formally introduced. Would you mind starting a thread in the Intros forum, stating your gender, experience with being poly, and a few other biographical details? Thanks!

Is River your lover??
ooohhh, dear! there's not yet my introduction, you are right; i know that sooner or later i'll fill up a little space in Introduction and maybe mumble about how to enrich my profile so to harmonize my being here with you all.
..it's just that...i really want to Feel the Moment for doing all this..

in few hours i'm leaving with my two kids for a nice adventure holyday i'll reach you again here very soon, promised!

hugs to every soul hidden behind little fingers pushing little buttons all over Ether.
and merry Lug!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Communities magazine's current issue is focussed on intimacy. Sounds good!

http://communities.ic.org/issues/151/Intimacy

River's Blog
Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 PM

No, I'm not going to go into the circumstances that didn't allow "M" and I to communicate by phone until today. It is practically irrelevant. Instead, I will say that her voice, the sound of her, conspires together with her words..., and I love her so! How could I not?

And now for some cat and owl.:

http://www.wimp.com/catowl/

If anyone wants to share the Spanish words (It is Spanish, isn't it?), in English translation, that'd be fine.

Hugs all around!

River's Blog

Tags
journal, life experiences