Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
What about " cutters" I don't know the medical term or the pc term ...but people ...mostly women who cut themselves or perhaps have others cut do it for them? ...done to feel good, feel the pain. How would you assist a love one in doing this?
Very, very carefully. Every time you break the skin you risk infection, and cutting can be hard to gauge the exact amount of injury you're causing--thus ending up with cutting too deep or causing more damage than you wanted. I am by far not an expert in this, but I was lucky enough to take a class. In the class, they used scalpels. The scalpels were sterile when they opened the package, and were used ONCE. The teacher sterilized the area where he kept his tools. He wore surgical gloves that he threw away if he suspected that they were no longer sterile. He sterilized the area of skin he was going to cut. Throughout, he was VERY VERY careful. None of us were allowed to cut a person during the class; instead, we all cut the skin of a tomato, learning how to put just enough pressure to cut while not digging in too deep. He even had us practice keeping our tools and area sterile, removing our gloves so that we didn't contaminate ourselves or our area or tools. It made quite an impression.

I don't know if it's like this where you live, but my local community hosts a lot of classes. I tend to think that any time something can cause a risk to your health, it's worth it to maybe take a class and get the benefit of learning from someone who has experience.

Tags
bdsm, d/s, dominant, fetishes, metamours, poly, relationships, sex play, submissive