Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Im doing well. A little anxious today? Just a lot going on I think. Last night of school tonight, review for test, have to finish my case study tomorrow and study for my final on Saturday morning.

I read something about mantras and one was "Be Easy". I'm trying to remember that one for when my thoughts start getting worked up to worst case scenarios... breathe and think "be easy". Things are going to go the way they go regardless of if I worry about them. I might as well not work myself up needlessly.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 PM

Not too shabby. Work went fairly easily and quickly today. Our internet and phones were down, so we actually got alot accomplished around the classroom. Now I'm home relaxing and enjoying my dinner; made myself a salad to go with my chicken tenders and rice. It was really good.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 PM

I'm okay, I think... sent a slightly garbled FB message to L (who I still haven't actually met IRL!) this morning due to forgetting that I'm not allowed on the internet when tired and I'm a little worried I might have scared her away.

Said "Hey" to H on Gchat this evening. I don't think she'll ever realise how much it took for me to do that... after all this time I still feel like the hurt and offence I caused is the only thing she associates me with. Still, I got Polite Single Word Responses rather than just Being Ignored which I guess is a start. I wish I knew how to stop loving her because then it would hurt less.

Oh, and I have a new job, which is very very boring. But better than being on the dole.

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 AM

Embroiled in a rollicking political debate on facebook with several freinds right now, including my best friend from Ohio who is a conservative.... and yet, we are (gasp) either agreeing on things, or altering each others arguments in such a way that we both are seeing the errors in our points of view and adjusting them accordingly. Not everyone is able to keep up with us But, I'm thinking that maybe I should run for president as a liberal, and bring my conservative best friend with me as my running mate/vice presidential pick!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 AM

Bleh.

Sick of allergies.

Sick of Mother Nature being menopausal too!

Work can't make up their minds which job they want me to do from day to day (the glories of being cross trained!). I'm getting a wee bit sick of doing all the prep work to get one set of machines started just so someone ELSE can run them and then I get to do prep work somewhere else! It's nice to be needed in so many different areas but please! Put me some where at 7:00 and LEAVE me there till 3:00!

Work did go rather quickly AND I've got a four day weekend! WOOT!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 AM

And so Karma is back in political mode...I am all for being first lady but can work on graduating first? It'll probably help your campaign

Doing extremely well. Little irritants in my life, but the overall mood is fabulous.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Just back from fabulous vacation in the Fingerlakes at the Grassroots Festival. 6 days of heat, loverly farmlands, gorges, lakes, dancing, rambling, camping with friends, talking, drinking, smoking, joking, eating, laughing, hugging, kissing. Dirty feet, colorful clothing, body paint, glow sticks, ogling gorgeous people of every age, shape and color, plus wine tasting at 3 wineries when the fest was over. So much bonding with friends, my lover and my son. So much love.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Yay!

River's Blog
Old 07-29-2011, 01:53 PM

The Fingerlakes are a beautiful area in upstate NY. It's where my gf grew up. She's been to every one of the 21 Grassroots fests. It's like a family reunion for her. Her real family, not the horribly fucked up disfunctional one her parents gave her.

The T-shirts say, Ithaca is Gorges [gorgeous], and it really is.

Our dream of moving there and living there together is becoming more than a pipe dream. Ithaca is a very cool crunchy granola college town, and quite affordable. It's such a deep part of my gf's soul, I know she would continue to blossom there. Now that she is out as a woman to all her friends and family, and feels accepted or at least tolerated, we may just have to make the move... I'm originally from NY myself and have lived in Mass for over 20 years. Maybe it's time to move back to my home state. Gorgeous land, plus all the culture and hippie politics and events and shopping all in one place.

Plus, wineries.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Awesome workout - officially changed my derby name - waiting for it to be submitted... but M'Ass O'Kyst wasn't working for me.
One of the ladies from my freshie class almost used mAssOkissed because she lives in mass and it's nhrd, but she went with Hearty BreakFist instead.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update