Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM

You are definitely making sense, and thank you for your interest! I think you have a good point, and I'll take this into account when planning future studies. For now, I think creative use of the "other" box at the end when you can tell the researchers why you are in open relationships should clear up any mystery in your survey responses.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassgirl7 View Post
For now, I think creative use of the "other" box at the end when you can tell the researchers why you are in open relationships should clear up any mystery in your survey responses.
I didn't see any box at the end. The instructions say that if you have two relationships, to click Save & Exit, and I was done. There were no more items after the "Agree/Diagree" questions regarding the first two relationships.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
This is a semantic question. Everyone I know has a different understanding of the definition of polyamory. For the purposes of this study, it means: an intimate relationship in which there exists a negotiated and consensual agreement that one, some, or all partners are free to engage in additional intimate and/or sexual relationships. If you fit that description, we would love for you to participate in the study!
I do feel that description does fit me and or my matre so where do i sign up for thie study??
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrax View Post
. . . where do i sign up for thie study??
There's a link to it at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Oh right, sorry, it's right before the surveys start. Many choices for why you are in open relationships, and then choose the main reason. Both have "other" boxes.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
This is a semantic question. Everyone I know has a different understanding of the definition of polyamory.
Well, without having a good definition, there's not way we can know what we're talking about because we'd all be talking about different things.

Quote:
For the purposes of this study, it means: an intimate relationship in which there exists a negotiated and consensual agreement that one, some, or all partners are free to engage in additional intimate and/or sexual relationships.
Then the answer is "It is for anybody in an open relationship and is not specifically for polyfolk." Doesn't make it bad or useless, just not a poly-specific study.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Then the answer is "It is for anybody in an open relationship and is not specifically for polyfolk." Doesn't make it bad or useless, just not a poly-specific study.
Dang, you're right. I just re-read the first post in this thread and saw this, which I'd overlooked before:
Quote:
The goal of my study is to bring more accurate information about open relationships . . .
So, not about poly. Oh well.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I am in a long term cross between a Vee and a triad, and am also finishing a Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. I live in Madison, Wisconsin. The goal of my study is to bring more accurate information about open relationships to the attention of health and mental health care providers.

If you are interested in considering participating in my study, please follow the link!

www.polyamorystudy.wordpress.com
MADISON what up!
UW class of 2002
I know some people in Madison you should look up for this study.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monopolylover View Post
people in Madison you should look up for this study.
Probably not. The OP says they want ACCURATE information.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Probably not. The OP says they want ACCURATE information.
OK, this conflicts heavily with what you are trying to establish on the other thread trying to act like you are not making this personal. Now your stalking me to other threads and assuming more about me that you simply DO NOT know.

Tags
community, survey