Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I will do the work as you will do yours and years from now we will look back and laugh... ahhhhahahahahhhhaaa
I seriously don't know why you want me in your life in this way...but I am loving it abby...I mean Baby!!

You amaze me. XOXOXOX

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I fully expect people to question the resilience of our relationship after reading this thread. We do not live in a fairy tale world, we are very realistic. Just this weekend Redpepper and I had a serious and sad discussion about sustainability of our love as it is. I have my concerns about it; I am not so sure our different natures and social backgrounds/circles can come to terms in a long term healthy way in the "forever" sense. I do know we will be connected and always share love however. The key is that I am not letting doubts prevent me from moving forward towards a goal of family acceptance, family integration and a lifelong fulfilling commitment in which all of us are happy and healthy.

What more can any relationship hope for?
to come to some clarity and grounding in this.... BAAaaaah, Mono/Poly relationships are f-ing hard work!!! It will take time but whatever is meant to be will be. I know one thing is for sure, I am learning, growing, and very dedicated to our future, whatever that holds.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Thanks Rarechild for asking hard questions and for helping us figure this shit out! Lots of love to you (hope you are feeling better today)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=redpepper;9324] I know one thing is for sure, I am learning, growing, and very dedicated to our future, whatever that holds.[/QUOTE

Me too Sunshine..thanks Rarechild.

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I don't have time to come over there and SHOW you with my finger.
Burn!

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post
Burn!
No one is spared the harsh forwardness of Ygirl

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:

Me too Sunshine..thanks Rarechild.
Dood, I so wish D and I could make it to your party. I hope you and the family have a great night- you have lots to celebrate!

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Custodian

Quote:
No one is spared the harsh forwardness of Ygirl
I wasn't trying to be harsh, but you couldn't see me pointing at it, so I TOLD you!

I was about to give up if you couldn't find it after I said that.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I wasn't trying to be harsh, but you couldn't see me pointing at it, so I TOLD you!

I was about to give up if you couldn't find it after I said that.
I was ready to give up on myself too LOL!

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 AM

Awesome thread, as this subject has constituted some background noise in our triad for a while.

Me + Violet = a relationship between two people who were open to their partners taking other partners, but we didnt' consider ourselves "swingers" or in an "open" relationship- though by general concensous definition, I suppose an "open relationship" is what we had. I wasn't thrilled about her taking other men, seriously or just flings, but couldn't care ess about her with women. Not only did she not care if I had other women (men not an optio, straight as an arrow), she encouraged it, lol. We wanted to find a unicorn, bu weren't actively looking anymore. Then Anne came along.

Anne knew what we had coming in. Anne has been repressing her bisexuality - indeed, most of her sexuality in general, lol - for her whole life. Monogamy is what she knows, for better or for worse. So it was a leap for her, but she approached US about joining us, not the other way around. And she said it was strange how she didn't care that Violet and I were together, it didn't make her jealous - BUT - other women would be a problem. For me. She would prefer than Violet not have lots of other girls, but would deal - but she said from teh get-go that she would have serious issues if I did.

I was okay with this. Totally worth it - I wasn't exactly taking Violet up on it regularly Okay, barely at all, lol (apparently the way to guarantee monogamy from me is to try and get me to fuck all your friends), and having Anne in our lives was worth the trade.

And now, twomonths and all kinds of other drama later, Anne has started to tease me about sleeping with another woman. In fact, she's starting to see where Violet was coming from (I still don't completely, lol) and agree with her - she thinks the idea of me having an occasional fling is hot.

Total change in mindset for her. And I don't want to do it becuase I'm afraid the reality will hit her and she won't like it the way she thinks she will.

And that's just sex. What if I fell for another woman that wasnt into either or both of them? I've heard a rumor that completely striaight and completely mono women exist, lol. Violet wouldn't care one bit - I don't think Anne would be in real good shape over it despite what she says.

Anyway - I got long again. Interesting thread at an interesting time as it's been in my head for a while now.

Tags
balance, freedom, mono poly, mono/poly, poly-fi