Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 PM

Talking Hi I'm Josh and this is Christy and we are Poly

Heya everyone we are new to the poly community but not so new to the poly lifestyle. We are a fun romantic couple just trying to find love!

I must admit I was surprised when I first heard the phrase polyamorous I was in shock that there was even a word to describe my wife and my lifestyle! got so excited for the opportunity to meet other people I hopped on and found this site!

I am 26yrs old and my beautiful wife is 23yrs old! We have been together for 12yrs and have been married for 3yrs. We have never had a breakup! We used to just meet girls in bars however now we are hoping to find a serious relationship with a girl that wants to be with the both of us.

We just got out of a serious relationship (the gf decided to be with a mono gentleman instead of us *yuckie*) but we licked our emotional wounds and are ready to get back on that horse! Any advice for a poly couple looking for a longterm relationship with a female?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 PM

My first advice would be to get your own user names and create autonomy on here. Welocme to the forum.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 AM

you mean don't share a profile? Does sharing a profile send the wrong message or something? We just usually prefer to do these things together. But then again we have never met anyone else like us and are unsure how the poly community works.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 AM

I think it has just been confusing to other forum members when a couple posts using the same profile. You will always have to say, "This is Josh" or "This is Christy" and it's easy to lose track who we'd be communicating with. Plus each of you would have your own questions and issues, and friendships here to develop. We have lots of poly peeps here in relationships who all post separately.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 AM

Ooooooh I getchya! is there a way to just change my profile name? or do we got to make two new profiles?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 AM

Cool

okees I think I got it down now! THis is forever more the JOSH profile! Fear my mighty profile switching skills!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndChristy View Post
We used to just meet girls in bars however now we are hoping to find a serious relationship with a girl that wants to be with the both of us.

...Any advice for a poly couple looking for a longterm relationship with a female?
Do a tag search on unicorns. Think about what an established couple has to offer a single woman in terms of future security. Will she be a secondary with her own place and finances, and you'll just see her once a week or less? Or will she be a sister wife, a full partner, a primary? What about the rights she won't get not being able to marry either of you? What about future children with either woman?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
my bf: Ginger, 61, married to:
Robin, 60 (mono)
and dating (NRE): Carla and David, married couple, early 40s
Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz6979 View Post
THis is forever more the JOSH profile! Fear my mighty profile switching skills!
Duly noted. Hee hee! This made me laugh JOSH.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Do a tag search on unicorns. Think about what an established couple has to offer a single woman in terms of future security. Will she be a secondary with her own place and finances, and you'll just see her once a week or less? Or will she be a sister wife, a full partner, a primary? What about the rights she won't get not being able to marry either of you? What about future children with either woman?
Omg now this is what I am talking about! It's like you are reading my thoughts! my wife and I definately want a full partner! We want to treat her as though christy and I are a single person looking for love! We are in it for the romance and that includes children if she wants them down the road. Not really into the idea of kids at the moment I feel I am to young for that. I would much rather take that money and spend it on seeing the world and such while we are young and able!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
Duly noted. Hee hee! This made me laugh JOSH.
Love a women with a sense of humor