Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 02:00 AM

Default facebook change!!! YAY!

So...I was told today that Facebook has now made a change to our relationship status options. There is now an option for "Open relationship". I changed mine to reflect that status just a few minutes ago.

Caveat: If you had it registered as "married" before, it will send a confirmation message to the person you said you are married to. Wasn't a big deal for me, but to some, it might be.

Just thought I would share.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Custodian

There has always been an "open relationship" option. The thing people have been complaining about is that it won't let you have more than one person "in an open relationship with" you.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:40 AM

Oh I guess it's been a loooong time since I set up my account. Because they didn't had that option when I set it up, or I would have done that. Oh well. I thought I was finding something new.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Custodian

I meant "always" since I joined, which was over 2 years ago... i think there are apps you can get that will expand the details you can add to the relationship status. but i don't know what they are.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 AM

You can create a "group" of friends and name it whatever you want... I have "is madly in love with..."

I know someone else has "Beloveds"

But you set it up in the chat - and you end up with whomever you want in that group

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you switch to Google+!

I'm still exploring and figuring things out with it but so far I'm loving it!

It's google's answer to Facebook. There are absolutely NO apps or games to clutter up my feed or waste my time, you have circles of friends and if you post to one circle the others do NOT see what you posted, enter means NEXT LINE not post, you can voice/video conference with up to ten people at a time (called hangout, btw) and it's super easy to add someone to a circle, or more than one.

I have plenty of invites available if anyone wants one . Just send me a pm with your email (not sure if it works with non-gmail addresses but there's only one way to find out). They've been having problems with lost invites recently but I think I get MORE invites the more people I invite.

When I joined FB had the open relationship option as well. I just can't figure out how to get only certain people to see what I've posted *shrug*, with Google+ that idiosyncrasy seems to have been solved.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 PM

The thing I LIKE about Facebook vs. Google+, is that on FB, you can meet NEW people....whereas, I have yet to figure out how to let other people see my profile on Google+, or even be able to see other peoples profiles. I want to be on a social networking site, to meet NEW people....Not just connect with people I already know.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
The thing I LIKE about Facebook vs. Google+, is that on FB, you can meet NEW people....whereas, I have yet to figure out how to let other people see my profile on Google+, or even be able to see other peoples profiles. I want to be on a social networking site, to meet NEW people....Not just connect with people I already know.
Neon Kaos likes this.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM

I've been experimenting on Google+, lol. Just like FB, if you type in a person's name, or portion of a name, it brings up many different options for you. You can still read their posts and stuff as long as they have themselves as viewable on the web, otherwise they aren't searchable.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:25 PM

But see? I want to meet and talk to new people. Not the ones I already know. Facebook does the same thing also though. But I want to be able to do it w/o seeming like some kind of stalker or weirdo. Also, an option to only search in specific geographical areas would be nice. I mean, I start typing in names, (and I get like 10 results max...always the same ones too depending on the name I spell out) and I get 10 people...Ranging from somewhere in Florida, to somewhere in California, to Australia. I wanna talk to ppl I can actually meet some day.