Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Kajira,
life without friends is hell. Not a place to hang out long.
It does feel good to meet people who can accept us and support our feelings. Life is so hard when we run and run and run-spending all of our time with people who live in little square boxes expecting us to fit into their idea of "right" or "perfect". Everyone needs to be able to fit in the hole they are designed for, not the hole someone else designed.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:33 AM

To SeventhCrow; So far as 'actively searching' for a couple, I didn't have a post on Craigslist or anything of that nature. With the experiences I have had regarding searching, I have found that it was perhaps safer and definitely less frightening to meet couples naturally, face to face in a comfortable environment and then see if the attraction was mutual. I have, however, been found between more than one couple in my past, with the best intentions in mind... Just none that have ever engaged me more than physically.

Just the enlightenment that I have gotten from this site has allowed me to feel more open regarding things I believed to be somewhat taboo, and its nice to have this as a venue. My thanks to those that have made this possible.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 AM

Thumbs up Friends...

LovingRadiance,

More than any thing, i came here to find friends. It is good to know there is understanding here as well.
i have never really fit into the little boxes that people have prepared for me. I am wild and i am impulsive. i wish to harm none. A big part of my life has been spent as a Wiccan / Pagan and harming none (to the best of my knowledge and intentions) has always been foremost.
I feel welcome here, and i don't feel the need for pretenses. i feel like i can be open and tell all, if the situation should merit.
....and i SO like what you said about fitting in the hole one is designed for...not the hole someone else designed.
Well stated.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajira View Post
LovingRadiance,

More than any thing, i came here to find friends. It is good to know there is understanding here as well.
i have never really fit into the little boxes that people have prepared for me. I am wild and i am impulsive. i wish to harm none. A big part of my life has been spent as a Wiccan / Pagan and harming none (to the best of my knowledge and intentions) has always been foremost.
I feel welcome here, and i don't feel the need for pretenses. i feel like i can be open and tell all, if the situation should merit.
....and i SO like what you said about fitting in the hole one is designed for...not the hole someone else designed.
Well stated.
Thank you. I'm in a huge psychological, mental and emotional growth time right now and things like not fitting into a hole that someone else created are just coming to mind so clearly because I'm dealing with them. I've spent so long trying to force myself to fit into a hole someone else created only to find it doesn't matter what I do-I'll never ever ever be square.
I was desperate to find others who were also not square when I found this place. I spent a whole day searching online for someone, something, anything, anyone that might "get" what seemed so natural inside of me, but was completely unfathomable for those around me.

Ironically-when I found it-I also found out that many of the people in my life felt the SAME WAY and we were all struggling against those bonds. It's so relieving to know that my 3 best friends and several other people who are friends all struggle the same struggle.

I look forward to getting to know you better on here as well.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Kajira,
life without friends is hell. Not a place to hang out long.
Meh, take em or leave em

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 AM

Oh sure mono-we all know how close you are with your friends.
You can pretend to be that manly cold guy-but we know you are a cuddle bug with some very close loving friends already!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
You can pretend to be that manly cold guy-but we know you are a cuddle bug with some very close loving friends already!
One lover, one friend....aahh being mono is soooo simple

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 AM

Mono really is kinda like that LR... (psst... I don't buy it entirely, but if he says so...)... he really enjoys his own time and after years of not having connection with himself I think it's the best thing ever that he spends time on his own... of course if he could get off of here and do that it would be better! heh... just kidding, he has tons of time to do other things and is mostly on here during work. Great job being on this forum all day!

Well Ms. Unicorn (fairy princess... whatever...) you seem to be doing well and if you are here then you will have tons of support..! Keep at it, learn, learn, learn about all of it and you. I know that will be impossible NOT to do, but just saying as it means that you are on the right track
Old 10-16-2009, 04:50 PM

RP-I get the treasuring time alone thing quite well. But he has at least a few of you people he's close to who are quite accepting of who he is and how he is-not including all of us on this board!
I read about you all meeting his close friends which meant a lot to him-so he does have friends.
Sometimes when you are a little different-you get so isolated that you can't be honest about yourself with anyone at all and that is so lonely. Even if you do prefer to generally be alone, it's nice to know you aren't alone because you are a pariah (is that spelled right?).

Anyway-I don't care if Mono is generally a loner! He's a riot on here. We like ya both!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM

Default WOW! If only I was a hot single woman!

I just realized that I would make a perfect unicorn...if I was a woman! No fair..I want a cool name!!

Poly Events All Over