Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
And I have OCD, which causes occasional problems. Knowing what kind of crazy is in your bucket helps a great deal in keeping it from slopping out on other people.
That's an awesome quote!
It's so true. We all have issues.
The big problems arise when one or another of us isn't taking responsibility for our issues!!!
SO TRUE.

OP-any further news???
Old 10-16-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
Knowing what kind of crazy is in your bucket helps a great deal in keeping it from slopping out on other people.
Absolutely! I also have bipolar and it caused alot of problems in prior relationships and with my husband.

Getting back into therapy was one of the best things I ever did to help our relationship. And to help myself as an individual. Your wife needs therapy. There isn't any other way to put it. She needs help.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 AM

High functioning autistic (before it was popular and over diagnosed, lol) with OCD here - and well aware of it, and struggle to keep things under control by the minute. I agree with 7th - knowing "your kind of crazy" - acknowledging it rather than denying it and learning everything you can about it - helps a LOT. Changed my life.

She definately needs help. Good luck bringing it up - I'd be wearing a flak jacket by the sound of things.

My most recent ex (the one I was with when Violet and I met) has Turners. Fascinating condition, that one. Diagnosed after we split, she's working on things, and I did get an apology for all the times she got mad at me for things she did as they relate to her condition. That was really nice, actually. Helped a LOT with closure.

All that said - I don't know you or her, I haven't seen these things, etc. I will say that based on the little I know based on your posts - I'd be gone. Like, the vacume of my wake would suck in heavy construction equipment gone. I've dealt with that kind of crazy before, and I have no tolerence for it any more. There are several things it could be, but I'm hearing Borderline Personality - and that's scaaaaary.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 AM

I would recommend individual counseling for you both AS WELL as couples counseling as a first step.Sounds to me like there are some deep sensitivities involved with her ability/willingness to communicate.

Best of luck. Sounds like you want the best for this relationship.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 AM

darkhorse, forgive me, but didn't you write about one of her our breaks before? I seem to remember that???

I think I would be requesting, or exercising some veto power over this guy... the whole "not talking with him for awhile" thing wouldn't cut it with me. I would firmly ask her not to talk to him again.

I ended a relationship with a guy I was seeing before I met Mono for how he talked about my husband and Mono at our beginnings (the thread is here somewhere...). He only did it once, I told him he was never to do it again and he was gone... It's too much of a slippery slope and I have never been one to enjoy being negative about anyone.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Unhappy Brain Injury / Autism

Difficult one, I understand. But I've been past it extensively.

I've no PHd, but might suggest much further research into:
Autism / Asperbergers
Borderline Personality Disorders
Functions of the Left Amygdala in the brain

Not for the faint hearted, you may need University research
- even a brain CT scan.
Your average Psychologist, Priest, or Excorcist can't hack it.

God Bless
http://www.community-calendar.com/aspergers/
----------
<a href=http://www.community-calendar.com/aspergers/>Second Life Addiction</a>