Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Question Looking for LTR with a couple in Canada and I have no idea where to start

I'm a 30 yr old bi female who would like nothing other then to be in a loving long term triad relationship. Unfortunately the majority of couples I meet are only looking for casual sex and I want love and possibly a family. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find this? so far I have yet to find "seeking couple" on online dating websites
Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 AM

I think there are several threads on finding people. From what I have heard, OKCupid is pretty poly friendly.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Did you post in the I'm new here or Canada threads? There are loads of us in Canada, some even in Ontario! *raises hand*

Yes, OKC is very poly friendly although I've only met one person from there who even has a small bit of potential to be a friend, let alone something more!

A few things inquiring minds want to know: WHERE in Ontario are you? What other sites have you tried? Have you checked out your local poly groups and possibly gone to some of their meet ups?

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...hlight=ontario is the thread on here dealing with the Toronto meet ups. The next one is next Monday if I'm not mistaken.

Any way, welcome . Maybe we'll meet up some time in the near future.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM

I'm not in Canada.. but wanted to comment..

I'm in a relationship with a delightful couple..and on okcupid. But I wouldn't have found my couple on okcupid because they are completely outside my search criteria there.

So when you are disappointed with what you find ... open up your options.

Specifics: my okcupid profile is looking for guys who like girls, , 45- 60 (my couple are 35 and 40), near me (they live an hour away). Recently we were talking and I admitted that there are several things about them that would have kept me from dating them... But once I knew them...the conversations were a turn on.

Living near a major city with a thriving poly community has helped tremendously. And having a poly group that acted as a match maker helped also.