Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 12:26 AM

Well, since he does all his work here, Pretty Lady just has to deal with him being engrossed in armor websites and a sketch pad. I spent 5 hours on Wed finding the floor of the workshop, cleaning up foam, sweeping up everything that had gotten stuck to the spray adhesive on the floor, and sorting out what supplies we have left. I can't wait to get back into it though..... I got my new bow string in the mail the Tuesday after Rag and can't wait to use it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 AM

sunburnt. 'nuff said.

Used my communication skillz to mend a friendship. Going over for coffee tonight

Transplanting tonight - waiting for the sun to go down a bit, and watching True Blood later

Great day overall

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Well, since he does all his work here, Pretty Lady just has to deal with him being engrossed in armor websites and a sketch pad. I spent 5 hours on Wed finding the floor of the workshop, cleaning up foam, sweeping up everything that had gotten stuck to the spray adhesive on the floor, and sorting out what supplies we have left. I can't wait to get back into it though..... I got my new bow string in the mail the Tuesday after Rag and can't wait to use it.
We live in an itty bitty 1 bedroom apartment that is cramped with the furniture we had in our nice 3 bedroom townhouse in Ohio. If he leaves his stuff out the whole living room is rendered useless.

We agreed that when house hunting, we'll be looking for a basement workshop. And I won't even go down there. He can leave it as messy as he wants.

I'm doing okay. Fighting a migriane. In a better frame of mind but still some lingering effects from the other night.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
We live in an itty bitty 1 bedroom apartment that is cramped with the furniture we had in our nice 3 bedroom townhouse in Ohio. If he leaves his stuff out the whole living room is rendered useless.

We agreed that when house hunting, we'll be looking for a basement workshop. And I won't even go down there. He can leave it as messy as he wants.

I'm doing okay. Fighting a migriane. In a better frame of mind but still some lingering effects from the other night.
*hugs and healing energy* We have a 3 bedroom townhouse with a full basement and when we moved in there was a perfectly good workbench with pounding board that the landlord was going to get rid of and we asked to keep. Make sure that whatever you find has good ventillation as DAP and spray adhesive have some interesting effects in enclosed spaces.....
Old 06-27-2011, 02:48 PM

The house is quiet.. and ufc is on.. Fight night.. I guess I am watching it at the wrong time, but its good to put on something I can enjoy... these quiet times rarely last, but its enjoyable non the less.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm checking into a sleep study tomorrow. Since this past Sunday morning and through the end of this week, I can't have caffeine, alcohol, juices, or any of my vitamins.

Today I really want a cup of coffee but can't have one!

I went there last week to get hooked up for my first overnight that determined I qualify for participation. I guess it means that I definitely do have obstructive sleep apnea since I qualified. It was wild sleeping with a tube in my nose and what seemed like hundreds of wires and electrodes attached to my face, head, legs, and arms, plus two thick bands across my torso (like heart monitors that runners wear). In reality, there weren't that many wires, but I toss and turn a lot, so in the morning all the wires were wrapped around me like a belt and the tech had to untangle me!

That time, I checked in around 9pm and lights out was 12:30. No biggie. This time, because they have to take blood, etc., I have to checkin at 10am and be there at the clinic all day before bedtime! They have a lounge with TV, computers, etc., but geez, all frickin' day. I'm going to bring stuff to give myself a manicure.

It's all worth it, though. In about a month, I'll get paid and it will cover a month's rent and a little extra.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-27-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM

I'm quite sad and worried ...

Wildfire is destroying some of my favorite places on Earth right now--and nearby. The fire started only about 24 hours ago, yet has already grown to about fifty thousand acres! Unbelievable! I've never heard of a fire growing this rapidly, ever.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...vacuation.html

This is very, very sad. We need a lot of rain, fast. Nothing else will help.

River's Blog
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 AM

A nice night with pengrah. I have been a lil off.. So what do I do.. Cook..

Mushroom porcini stock, made from dried porcini mushrooms, some regular buttons all made into a nice mushroom truffle risotto. Turns out a lil like cream of mushroom soup but quite an amazing flavor. Throw in some goat milk for the creamy and it you end up with a pengrah friendly dish.
Served with a roast chicken and some asparagus and you have a healthy dinner with a butt load of flavor.

Back to cooking and then a movie night.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:00 AM

Ari-that sounds amazing!

I'm doing good. Sent a letter to frat boy. I told him he could have all the emotions I carried for 10yrs. I was done with them and it was about time he dealt with it. Then I blocked him and broke down. Karma was right beside me the whole time. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but today I woke up after the first good sleep I've had in days, and I smiled. I fel good today. Refreshed. Anger is gone, fear is gone.

Taking it easy today. Karma is playing video games and I am just going to read and relax.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
We need a lot of rain, fast. Nothing else will help.
Since I wrote that it's cooled considerably and it looks and smells and feels like rain coming in. Pray for rain for us! (I'm not much of a prayer guy, but, hey, what do I know?)

River's Blog

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update