Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Just to address this because I see someone else has responded to it as well - I already skate "well-(ish)" its not my skating skills I need to work on - those are coming along nicely.

Its the "OMFG I CAN'T MOVE" pain in my back that is fairly common (i've been told) when you first start skating that I need to work out.

If my back didn't seize - I'd happily skate through the cardio issues, through the cramps in my shin, through the numb feet... but my back seizes and I need to find a way to prevent that.
Try skating in the other direction for a while. I find my back seizes up after a while of skating left. Also stretching out your lower back before and after can really help a lot.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Try skating in the other direction for a while. I find my back seizes up after a while of skating left. Also stretching out your lower back before and after can really help a lot.
Tee hee - then I have both sides of my back seize.

I keep trying though

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Just to address this because I see someone else has responded to it as well - I already skate "well-(ish)" its not my skating skills I need to work on - those are coming along nicely.

Its the "OMFG I CAN'T MOVE" pain in my back that is fairly common (i've been told) when you first start skating that I need to work out.

If my back didn't seize - I'd happily skate through the cardio issues, through the cramps in my shin, through the numb feet... but my back seizes and I need to find a way to prevent that.
I have a bad back and while I can't skate to save my life, I have learned some tricks to keep it from siezing when I am going to be active. I start taking Nsaids (ibuprofin and the like) the day or two before and I do light stretching and warm up the muscles. Then when I get home it's more nsaids and a hot shower. If it's the lower back it could be you're hamstrings are too tight. I thought my physical therepist was crazy but once I started stretching them daily it made a huge difference in my back. I do it before I get of bed, after any exercise and before bed. Lay on your back feet on the floor knees bent. Put your right ankle on your left knee then lift your left leg towards your chest. then do the other side. To strengthen the back lay on your stomache arms under your chin or straight out in front of depending on which is better. Lift both legs up and then lift your chest up. Kind of like superman flying. Hold for a few seconds then relax. Do as many reps as you can.

If it's your upper back I've got nothin'. All my issues are L5 and lower. Good luck!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
I have a bad back and while I can't skate to save my life, I have learned some tricks to keep it from siezing when I am going to be active. I start taking Nsaids (ibuprofin and the like) the day or two before and I do light stretching and warm up the muscles. Then when I get home it's more nsaids and a hot shower. If it's the lower back it could be you're hamstrings are too tight. I thought my physical therepist was crazy but once I started stretching them daily it made a huge difference in my back. I do it before I get of bed, after any exercise and before bed. Lay on your back feet on the floor knees bent. Put your right ankle on your left knee then lift your left leg towards your chest. then do the other side. To strengthen the back lay on your stomache arms under your chin or straight out in front of depending on which is better. Lift both legs up and then lift your chest up. Kind of like superman flying. Hold for a few seconds then relax. Do as many reps as you can.

If it's your upper back I've got nothin'. All my issues are L5 and lower. Good luck!
Hey thanks for that! All related to lower back - and i will start making sure I stretch my hamstrings and do the superman thing Mucho appreciated

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 PM

moving into rental condo tomorrow! yay
Old 06-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Hey thanks for that! All related to lower back - and i will start making sure I stretch my hamstrings and do the superman thing Mucho appreciated
I hope it helps, I know it has made a huge difference for me.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 PM

I am doing AWESOME! TL won his MMA fight last night! I am so proud of him! He is such a great guy with great skills! I was the proudest person in the room last night!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4everu2 View Post
I am doing AWESOME! TL won his MMA fight last night! I am so proud of him! He is such a great guy with great skills! I was the proudest person in the room last night!
Yay!!!!!!! Karma and I both needed that smile! Give your man a hug for me! And a massage.

How am I? Well I just got an e-mail on FB that I originaly thought was a continuation of a disagreement Karma and I were having. Opened it to find it was from someone I long ago removed from my life and never had desire to hear from again. Still working on putting my heart back in my chest and figuring out what to do about it.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Give your man a hug for me! And a massage.
He said thanks! And he is so spoiled he got a pre event massage and a post event massage in the dressing room. Then he got one when he got home and will getting one in a few minutes
Old 06-25-2011, 01:49 PM

NY State just legalized marriage equality (gay marriage)! Yippee!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update