Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 PM

Default Checking in with Metamours

Sometimes things can be rolling along so smoothly that I forget to check in with PN about how he is doing. One of the values of this forum is how it can remind me to do things that seem almost unnecessary now. Redpepper's husband and I were hagning out after work, waiting for RP and LB to get home, so we chatted about the forum and relationships for a bit. It gave me a good opportunity to naturally check in with how he is doing. I asked him in simple terms if things were as good between us as they seem and if he was struggling with parts of my relationship with RP. He was unhesitant to say "absolutely not" and we carried on with our business.

We used to have formal sit down coffees or "check ins" but have moved passed that.

On a different note, we were dropping my truck off to a friend (a love of PN's) and one of his room mates asked if we were brothers. This is not the first time this assumption has been made andI think it speaks volumes about the energy we have as friends.

Life is good

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
One of the values of this forum is how it can remind me to do things that seem almost unnecessary now.
I agree
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Default After The 'Relationship'

Having yet another wonderful, long talk with Ariakas this morning, made me want to share in the awesomeness of when standard 'relationships' end, and a true friendship emerges.

We love each other, as much now as ever. No nay-sayers on his side, are going to convince him otherwise, and no nay-sayers on my side, are going to convince me otherwise.

We know we are not designed to be in a poly relationship with each other, but the fact we loved each other enough to know that, is amazing. To share all our on-goings, laugh, share feelings, and to want the best for each other. Even if that 'it' is not each other, ...is a really empowering feeling. Empowering for each other in a selfless way.

We can be sad of whats not to be, we can mourn a loss, we can move on and forward, in the directions each of us need to go.

Ariakas my dear, I think you are right. We`ll always be in each others life in one form or another.

THAT..is the vignette' of being open or poly. Letting relationships shift, and morph, and change into what they need to be. For us its a very deep friendship. Others don`t get it, and well, we don`t care.

Thanks for being such a hard-working friend Your efforts don`t go un-noticed, I am grateful for all you do.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 PM

My love for you will never die. Our love will never die.

I enjoy what the future will bring for us. I look forward to the friendship continuing and growing. I am saddened by the loss of one side, but the potential of the other excites me too. Like a phoenix rising I suppose... (this has been an ongoing experience about friendship for me.. poly has been teaching me more about friendship than having friends ever did)

Thank you Sourgirl for the things you have done, even when I know they were difficult, doing the right thing is rarely the easiest. Someday we will look back at this time and simply smile. This is simply another cross roads for our lives, not an end, or even a start.

I have to agree, this is one of the reason I enjoy openess, regardless of its name. It has allowed me to meet and expand a relationship to one of its potentials. Thats a truly beautiful thing.

Nothing great ever comes easily.. you rock Sourgirl.. thank you xo

Last edited by Ariakas; 06-24-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
My love for you will never die. Our love will never die.

I enjoy what the future will bring for us. I look forward to the friendship continuing and growing. I am saddened by the loss of one side, but the potential of the other excites me too. Like a phoenix rising I suppose... (this has been an ongoing experience about friendship for me.. poly has been teaching me more about friendship than having friends ever did)

Thank you Sourgirl for the things you have done, even when I know they were difficult, doing the right thing is rarely the easiest. Someday we will look back at this time and simply smile. This is simply another cross roads for our lives, not an end, or even a start.

I have to agree, this is one of the reason I enjoy openess, regardless of its name. It has allowed me to meet and expand a relationship to one of its potentials. Thats a truly beautiful thing.

Nothing great ever comes easily.. you rock Sourgirl.. thank you xo
I'm so happy for both of you; you are truly an inspiration and your love is palpable!
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Mmmm... I suddenly feel a warmth in the cockles of my heart!!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Heh, you said cockles.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 AM

Just got back from watching Transformers with PN and Redpepper Another nice night with our beautiful woman in between us

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-02-2011, 01:15 AM

We went on Wednesday w/o Wendigo, because he is still recovering from his infection. It felt a bit odd seeing the 3rd movie w/o him, so he and Runic Wolf are going to have a man date to see it when he is better.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:02 PM

We've finally been able to arrange for everybody to meet each other, and had a chance to hang out quite a bit right away. Everybody is getting along well! I'm so happy with the whole situation.. I can't believe how easily this whole thing has progressed. Both of the original couples were monogamous for many years, and then sexually open for a time, but I believe none of us seriously considered polyamory until my girlfriend and I met each other (3,5 months ago). But throughout the whole experience, there have been only few moments of discomfort, and fealousy has been non-existent. Moreover, there have been so very many moments of happiness and enjoyment and connectedness, for everyone involved. I truly feel grateful, happy and fulfilled. <3

Some situations that come to mind which I've just LOVED, which are only possible in poly dynamic:
- Walking with everybody hand in hand in hand in hand (wait, how many hands are there? )
- My girlfriend and my husband teasing me together about stuff I do in a relationship (like 'stealing' clothes )
- My girlfriend and husband spontaneously hugging each other when she left the last time; it just fills me with joy that they are already so comfortable with each other!)

I would say I'm living a dream, except I've never even dreamt of these kinds of things. Life certainly can bring you wonderfully unexpected things <3.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee