Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Maybe thats another lil check box for anyone in the future. A good dose of humility and humbleness?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Maybe thats another lil check box for anyone in the future. A good dose of humility and humbleness?
Yes, I will be looking for that I think... I told Leo my findings. hmmmm... I wonder how he will take it. At least I am being honest and I didn't refer to him specifically, although he has asked why I seem to be so opinionated about it still.

We have been getting along better and seem to be getting to the bottom of some stuff. It seems that writing isn't always a good way for us to communicate as we tend to come across as cranky with each other some times.... hmmm, who would of guessed I agreed to add smiley's to anything that could use one. I forget sometimes.

Last edited by redpepper; 06-14-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:32 AM

I used to believe in writing being the best way to communicate. I believe I was wrong. It loses intonations and emotional context. No matter how well you write something is always lost. It's been a hard thinng for me to realize.

Congrats on you guys sorting through things.. I hope you guys find a place you can feel settled..

Ari
Old 06-15-2011, 04:07 AM

I find that writing is good when I'm too emotional as I'm unable to speak at all in these times, and just the prospect of doing so scares me and makes it worse. Even when being face to face I've had "let's go talk on IMs" moments until we reached a point when I felt able to handle face to face communication again.

But I think it's probably something that really depends on the people involved. If writing doesn't work for you guys, make sure to keep that in mind
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I find that writing is good when I'm too emotional as I'm unable to speak at all in these times, and just the prospect of doing so scares me and makes it worse. Even when being face to face I've had "let's go talk on IMs" moments until we reached a point when I felt able to handle face to face communication again.

But I think it's probably something that really depends on the people involved. If writing doesn't work for you guys, make sure to keep that in mind
This.

Also when it's easier at the moment b/c I am too emotional to vocalize things I will write. But I will then say, can we discuss this when I have calmed down a bit and make sure it was taken the way it was meant.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 AM

Ahhhh, things have settled. I got to see Derby today on the fly for a quick coffee. Not long enough, but I always do better when I see those I love.

PN, Mono, LB and I went to a friends to watch the hockey game tonight... a dismal display of effort, but it was fun and the men rocked it in terms of showing off how awesome they are. They made nachos and cleaned up the dishes. They are such a great team Not in terms of hockey, they have no interest, but they won the cup in my books... my friends were so impressed!

I was felt very honoured to be with such amazing men... so giving and selfless. It all comes around. Abundance is everywhere at this moment. Love abounds in my heart
Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM

This weekend promises some catch up on connection with those closest to me. I look forward to that. I had a lovely night with my favorite boy LB last night. I love being with him chatting and being silly. These are good years right now. I wonder what the teen years will bring?

Tomorrow I spend all day with Mono at an all day concert. We will loll around in the sun listening to music and taking in the crowd. Ahhhhh summer. Love it!

I have a date tonight with PN to do whatever comes to mind... Likely a good chat and computer time.

Derby and I are going to see bridesmaids on monday night after her derby practice and a quick shower at my place.

Fathers day on sunday and I have a Caribbean restaurant booked for the plethora of dad's in our lives. Two will be vacant however. I look forward to eating out. Its gotten so damned expensive!

Next week I have a date with Leo to watch a movie at his house. We will sit at opposite ends of the couch this time Mono thinks we should drink tea rather than beer. Might be a good idea.

I'm embarrassed of our Canadian hockey sports fans this week. What a show of idiocy in vancouver over losing the stanley cup. I know it was a fail, but now its the ultimate fail. If only we would riot about something useful. Come on! We canadians look like idiots. I just hope that people realize the whole country was watching that game and most of us went home disappointed, but not riotous!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:44 AM

Oh I feel so much better after some time with my loves, catching up on sleep and little bits and pieces that add up... it helped that my boss has been away also.

Derby and I went out and saw "bridesmaids" this week... very good movie. We held hands, held on to each other, laughed and just caught up! So nice! I was so glad to see her. Next date, or the next big date anyway, is to go to a play. Should be fun

I've been planning a bunch of events that will be fun for the summer, bbq's, camping etc. So glad to be warm and sunny inside

LB fell and cut his neck this week... he got three stiches. This time I was there to take him to the clinic this made me very happy. That time I wasn't there when he feel and was bleeding and PN was wondering if he should go in and get stitches I was at Mono's place. I was so angry with myself, felt like a bad and selfish mother, guilt filled my heart... I love that I don't have to worry about that again now that we are all together.

Date with Leo tomorrow night. The first since our fight. I have resigned in my heart that he is just a friend. I have to forcing that round peg into a square hole I think for all our sake. Wish me luck.

Last days of school, PN is busy writing his ass off and requires lots of down time, Mono is off riding a lot with his buddy that just got a bike and I am thinking of new shows for the fall.... some gender fuck stuff I think. I might do a number with an umbrella and a bathing suit at the end of July. We shall see. I have made some new friends lately and I am pacing my attachment to them. As much I would love to dive in, I am not strong enough and don't trust yet that I should. Maybe I can ride out where I am at with it all for awhile. I'm kind of hoping to.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

I'd say slow down and enjoy what you have, but my hypocrisy would only embarrass us both.

Glad to see you're getting some time with those you love.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetime View Post
I'd say slow down and enjoy what you have, but my hypocrisy would only embarrass us both.
HA! Funny guy

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee