Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Is this correct? You met Feedhercandy here on this board, and you and your wife are in a quad arrangement with another couple, M and T2? This second scenario is something so many polys seem to want, and so seldom find.

Sorry about your friend's violent end.
I met T2 through her husband M, I met FHC when she contacted me through our local poly group. She and her husband have become friends T and I love to hang out with. very very cool people.

The quad dynamic requires that I be aware of 11 different relationships just within the quad itself at any given time. No wonder I have zero time for backsliding.

My measure of what makes my time with FHC and T2 into a relationship as opposed to dating, is the level of Intimacy. A deep level of intimacy can be created in a short period of time, if both parties agree to do so. I was fortunate that T2 and FHC were honest and courageous.

When I talk of intimacy I'm not referring to sex, (although that's a lot of fun) but of spiritual, emotional and intellectual intimacy. Scary stuff when you jump into it like I did, but worth it.

Don't stop.
Don't slow down.
Never back up.
Always forward.

Been an interesting 96-97 days.

And thanks for the thought about my friend.

Last edited by Freetime; 06-17-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.
Default Odd little thoughts.

I'm becoming attached. I talk a good talk about living in the moment, enjoying the journey, Etc. But I genuinely like and love these people, and I'm smart enough to see just how truly fragile these new friendships, loves really are.

Goodnight T, FHC, T2. I'm truly grateful for you showing up in my life. I smile and feel joy at the thought of you.

Be well.

Freetime.

Last edited by Freetime; 06-18-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM

I've noticed on another thread some skepticism about how quickly Freetime has developed loving feelings for T2 and FHC.

Both Freetime and I develop loving bonds very quickly. He proposed to me 13 days after we met and we married 4 months after that (we've now been together for 20 years). So, although other people might require much more time to develop a close loving bond, that's not the case for either of us. (For those of you who are fans of Myers-Briggs, we are both strong Feelers.)
Old 06-19-2011, 03:08 AM

Default Proof the universe loves me.

T and FHC are on a girls night out together. I offered to chauffeur as there will be drinking. I am very glad I did, as I just had the pleasure of kissing my wife and my girlfriend good bye in the same car in the same city in the same universe.

Yes I know, a lot of excitement over such a simple thing? What can I say?, they both know how to kiss!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 AM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow poly on purpose...

so as not to be a "lurker" iI want you to know, Freetime, your journey, and those of the people who helped refloat your boat and tow it off the shoals, is insightful and real...
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 AM

Rubbyslippers, I appreciate the support and warm wishes. My life changes daily, but the people in it are truly wonderful.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM

With your new found poly life you may have to change your user name to ...Very little Freetime ...or VLFreetime for short. Have fun D
Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
With your new found poly life you may have to change your user name to ...Very little Freetime ...or VLFreetime for short. Have fun D
Well if things keep going in the direction they did today, I'll have all the free time I did when this began. scared one GF this am, had the other leave suddenly with little explanation this afternoon, and if my wifes BF gets any more fucking perfect, I may just pull the pin on this whole deal.

I'm still having the time of my life, but I'm also a realist and I am well aware I'm juggling live hand grenades here. but then again I always did love a challenge.

Motorcycle, open road, no particular destination. Would be interesting to see Where I'd go..... or if I'd come back.

This still looks and feels like an episode of fantasy Island, and just like the show, at the end of every episode the guests have to return to reality.

Don't stop.
Don't slow down.
Never back up.
Always forward.

Be well Folks.

Freetime.

Last edited by Freetime; 06-23-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country

good luck Freetime...wear a helmet...
but...i'm dyin' to know...what evolved to devolve your run of a good time?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM

I remember you talking about getting a motorcycle didn't know you had. That was perfectly played .....you are my new hero. What kind of bike did you get. I'd start with a day or weekend trip first.

As far as these relationship stumbles..... learning curve issue..... just figure out what happened and make the appropriate corrections. You'll be fine ..you could be over thinking everything. Blame it on NRE and move on.

Head up... put your helmet on, cup in.... this is full contact love ...get back in the game. .....go have some fun ... D

Tags
freedom, introduction to poly