Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Munchkin is amazing!
So we've heard. Unfortunately Possibility isn't interested. I'm hoping to get the kids into it tomorrow night but I won't hold my breath. It's summer break! What are the odds that two 16 year olds will actually want to spend time *gasp of horror* at home?!

Believe it or not I put "looking for a third for Munchkin" on my OKC profile, lmao. If I can't grab 'em one way I'll grab 'em another!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 PM

pretty upset and feel useless! I feel like such a failure today!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 PM

Why, hon?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 AM

Today was just one of those days I will talk to TL when he is done with training & hope to get something worked out.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 AM

Looking for a workout I can do to strengthen my derby muscles. Don't want to order the derby workout dvd right now - but thinking my Jillian Michaels Yoga might do the trick...

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Still processing the experience of spending almost two whole days with Burnsy. He arrived in my city on Monday at around midday and he left yesterday evening. I'm letting it all sink in before I write more about it. But I feel good today.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 06-22-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 PM

Feeling kind of disappointed this afternoon. Last night Wendigo and I went up and helped set the tent back up at KoN. We ended up being the first ones there and decided to practice with my bow since another friend was supposed to bring his scale to see if the new string would pass. In trying to avoid getting stung, I managed to thwack myself with the bow string. I was kind of in shock when Wendigo kissed it better and pulled me in for a quick kiss, before anyone else arrived. Sometimes I think we try too hard to keep up appearances.... and those barriers seem to come down quickly at KoN; we're best friends to everyone there and we spent over a year playing characters who were courting; we learned to speak in gestures and looks. Almost all of our Rag friends are also our KoN friends, but it's like they are different people in different situations. It's okay for us to joke and mock flirt at KoN, but not at Rag or at least that is how it feels right now. Even our friends who were "pulling rank" and looking down on us for being lower rank at Dag were back to their old friendly selves at KoN. Unfortunately, Wendigo threw his back out setting up the tent, so he was uncomfortable on the way home, but looking forward to today.

We had planned today as a hangout/ clean the workshop day with the expectation that we'd fool around for a bit if there was time before Yoda got home from school (boo for half days). It would have been the first time we've had alone time since January. He reminded Pretty Lady that he needed to get up early before they went to bed, but she swears it didn't sink in because when I arrived to pick him up; he was still asleep.

Pretty Lady and I had a good time chatting over coffee while we waited for him to get up, shower, and get ready. We ended up leaving his house an hour after we were supposed to get to ours, so any play time would have had to be quick, but he was pretty much a zombie and/or in pain the whole time he was here, while I cleaned up around him and he kept apologizing for wasting my time. I still don't know how to show him that anytime I get to spend with him isn't a waste. Would I have enjoyed some sexy time, hell, yes, but what I really needed was to spend some quality time not having to pretend I'm not his girlfriend. It takes alot of mental energy to act "natural" in group settings. I think I'm more disappointed that he couldn't even hold a conversation; couldn't flirt; and I barely got a half hug; than I am about anything else.

And now I have to make dinner and entertain our friends, who I want to see, but don't; if that makes any sense.

Last edited by BrigidsDaughter; 06-22-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM

busy,.. yep again.

Sitting in dallas, enjoying the hotel room as I work away. Its nice to have some time alone...

My head is just swimming with stuff, work, love, etc. So much going on I feel like my head is unscrewing sometimes.. and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
busy,.. yep again.

Sitting in dallas, enjoying the hotel room as I work away. Its nice to have some time alone...

My head is just swimming with stuff, work, love, etc. So much going on I feel like my head is unscrewing sometimes.. and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I was just wondering how you were doing! Cool.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Looking for a workout I can do to strengthen my derby muscles. Don't want to order the derby workout dvd right now - but thinking my Jillian Michaels Yoga might do the trick...
Actually.. the honest truth. The best way to build sports muscles is to play the sport.

When I used to coach and train teenagers, that truth really does work. You can have an incredible and powerful squat, and not jump worth beans.

The best way to build strength for sprinting is to sprint a lot,... and supplement that with working out ...

If you goal is athletic.. play the sport as much as you can and supplement the athletics with the workout ..

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update