Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
A little less tired, but still a little sore in the right leg from a week of camping, drinking, and fighting. I'm sporting a few new bruises as well.

Upside is that I've got new projects to work on in the workshop, some new construction tech to try, and a few things to work on for the field.

So over all I'm doing pretty darn good over all.
Make me a happy Karma - tell me you killed a lot of Romans and Gestigueist
Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Looking forward to tonight when Possibility comes over for a couple of hours.

Breathes & I are looking for a 3rd, or more, to play Munchkin! lol
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Munchkin is amazing!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Spent the day building new, pretty weapons for darkon/dag. I'm a firm believer that your garb should be awesome, and so should the things your swinging at people. I've actually been studying Tsukamaki, the traditional method for wrapping a katana handle, and the results when applied to foam swords are stunning Also helping my friends and my brother back home get a new Dag unit off the ground. I'm coaching/advising from three states away, which has been interesting... I'm limited to phone calls and posting vids of training drills on our facebook group page, but I think I'm helping anyway.

Other than that, still putting my head back together slowly but surely. I'm better than I was a few months ago to be sure, but I still have things to work through. But, I'm getting there. Patching up relationships with friends that I didn't realize I had strained seems to be the recent theme, and I'm having a wide variety of results in that endeavor.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Make me a happy Karma - tell me you killed a lot of Romans and Gestigueist
I'm going to make you a sad Karma and tell you I fought with them and Narnia all week.

If it makes you feel any better we held our ground better then Rome did with much fewer people. We gained a bit of a rep for being able to hold our ground against much larger numbers and make any attackers pay for any ground in "blood". Go Undead!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM

I am wonderful! Great night lastnight the rain was amazing like a waterfall , great grad party this past weekend- eldest daughter made a photo collage video and hubs got all teary-eyed. Surprise visit from a cousin who lives in FLA, awesome. Kids leaving for university this week. So life is going well. Happy.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:46 PM

It's crazy how one little thing can set your mind into thinking the worst. Last evening, I was nearly in tears as my mind immediately went to "worst case senario" instead of the most logical and likely. I had to talk myself down before approaching my husband. While I was "processing", he noticed something was wrong and asked about it. I made the decission to make NO assumptions in my approach and just made a simple request. He immediately appologized and I knew I made the right move in my approach.

This started me to thinking about a bunch of random thoughts as I read through some posts here:

**Cheating is extremely hard to overcome and will take much longer than either party expects. Even when we think we have moved on, it can come back and bite us in the ass when we are feeling insecure.

**OPP (or any "one sided" set of rules) makes me immediately think "controling abusive jackass", as it resembles behavior my SIL(who is in an abusive relationship) has been describing of her husband.

**Society as a whole has gotten extremely lazy when it comes to interpersonal relationships, that are children are paying the price. By the time we are adults very few of us have the tools to keep a long term relationship healthy.

**Overcoming the instinct to be judgemental takes practice.

**Bad news seems to come in waves. Does good new come in waves also and we just don't pay attention?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 PM

I remain very, very happy. Every day, happy! This is weird! Now, if only I can remember how to sleep through pre-dawn.

River's Blog
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
**Bad news seems to come in waves. Does good new come in waves also and we just don't pay attention?
I think its more a degree of perception. We view and sometimes focus on negatives..

There is usually way more good in our lives than bad, so the bad stands out. Then we end up taking advantage of the good..
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Spent the day building new, pretty weapons for darkon/dag. I'm a firm believer that your garb should be awesome, and so should the things your swinging at people. I've actually been studying Tsukamaki, the traditional method for wrapping a katana handle, and the results when applied to foam swords are stunning Also helping my friends and my brother back home get a new Dag unit off the ground. I'm coaching/advising from three states away, which has been interesting... I'm limited to phone calls and posting vids of training drills on our facebook group page, but I think I'm helping anyway.

Other than that, still putting my head back together slowly but surely. I'm better than I was a few months ago to be sure, but I still have things to work through. But, I'm getting there. Patching up relationships with friends that I didn't realize I had strained seems to be the recent theme, and I'm having a wide variety of results in that endeavor.
We fought beside the Romans so we could outshine them.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update