Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quath View Post
The basic idea is that it is an inefficiant use of fuel and resources. The cheapest food usually tends to be the most envionmentally friendly since people pay for resources like fuel, fertalizer and land. There is a good Skeptoid episode on this.
Thanks.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Let's see...I'm not "anti" capitolism although I recognize it's weaknesses, and for the most part I am a political liquid - I take the shape of my container. As long as no one is kicking in my door or the door of those I love and kicking them in the head while they sleep I'm pretty good! Political ignorance is bliss.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-13-2009, 07:16 AM

Anarchist.
heh. just kidding. Well, these days I would consider it. I have some anarchist friends that make a good argument. A bit of a pie in the sky but interesting none the less.
I have a feeling the definition and depth of liberal and conservative may be different in Canada. So I just don't know what to say about it. I have a complaint about everything political really. I find it VERY hard at voting time. I usually do as much research as I can and then decide...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
Instead I describe myself with descriptions.
I'll agree with that philosophy. This thread seems hauntingly similar to another hot one happening right now about terms and definitions.

I am not big into politics or party affiliation, but I do vote and try to take each issue on the terms of its own facts and merits in order to decide my opinion.

The old man and I had a very heated discussion about a city non-discrimination ordinance coming up for a vote next month that has lots to do with gender identity and what should be protected based on how people identify- in cases like these it's extra hard to even have an opinion when you are asked to because, in this case I don't have the personal knowledge to understand how one identifies as a different gender than their plumbing implies.

So- case by case is my method, tho I'm definitely not a republican, that I know.

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 AM

I started this, and I chickened out on it, lol. I am SO sick of political crap at this point that I don't care anymore. It's all going to hell, and I'm going to make my pile and get the hell outta Dodge before it goes down, God willing. *sigh*

Damn - see - that's why I have avoided my own thread. I was in a good mood until I typed that.