Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Default Imagine your ideal relationship.

Even if it's just a description of the relationship you're in now. Try to imagine and articulate what would be nirvana for you. For fun.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:44 PM

People are viewing this but no one is speaking..hmmmm...interesting.

Notice how I'm not saying anything either

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
People are viewing this but no one is speaking..hmmmm...interesting.

Notice how I'm not saying anything either
You just did say something.

I don't have an "ideal" relationship, but I'm pretty satisfied with the husband I have right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Although it is nice to know that if one of us ever wants to see someone else, it doesn't mean our marriage is over.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

I'm honestly still thinking this one over.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Custodian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBoyRG9u_k
Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
I'm honestly still thinking this one over.
I honestly spend more time thinking about what I think Redpepper wants than what I want. I like to project that kind of stuff, get all wrapped up in it, freak out, and then let her slap me back to the reality that I actually don't know what she really wants

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-10-2009, 08:12 PM

100% unconditional love in all directions, and lots of laughing
Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM

I dislike (and am often confused by) the categorization of relationships. So many of the categorizations seem arbitrary and/or imprecise and I would just as soon live without them and just see relationships as a spectrum and let them find their own level and mutually agreed upon rules.

For example, the fiact that there aren't (m)any words for the relationships that exist between "friend" anf "boy/girlfriend". I would like to figure out what that word is, and then I would like to have some. Friends that you find attractive, might go on dates with, might even make out with, that you might have full on intimate relationships with if circumstances were different, but with whom you are just content to exchange backrubs with and remind one another that you are attractive and wonderful and such. I wish more people found that to be a natural way to exist and that such relationships were available in abundance.

And then, I would really love to have a full and intimate network of relationships between four or six folks. An even number because I have this (admittedly possibly irrational) desire for perfect gender balance. I am cisgendered and heterosexual myself but have no attachment to any specific orientation for the others, but I like the idea of defacto polyfidelity (polyfidelity born of mutual agreement that we simply wouldn't have enough time to invite any more full relationships), and I have a sentimental favoritism for the idea of cross couples (gender balance of some sort).

And if we're REALLY going to indulge our fantasies (I hope we are) I would say that I would love to be part of a nomadic tribe or some such. Two or three bands on tour or some other form of wandering entertainment or intentional community that just had a very free vibe to it and a subset of polyamorous population within it... in which I might find conditions satisfying both preceeding paragraphs. And an opportunity to raise families in such a Bohemia. That would be just about perfect to me. I'm kind of an odd duck I suppose.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 PM

this is an intresting question

my idea relationship(s) would be with people that are open to personal development and polyamoury in general, with partners that i don't have to convince to live this way of life but who embrace it with the same enthusiasm that i do!

at the moment i am a very very lucky girl in fact that i have 3 male partners all off whom i care for deeply,
in ideal world, in future i see us all living together in one big house, and i am open to them having more than just me, i want them to experience as much love as i do,

i want relationships that are both supportive and challanging,
and of course it is always nice if the 3 of them get on well

Jools
Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 AM

I'm not particular about numbers or gender.

But in my ideal world there wouldn't be limitations on my freedom to love and for others to love me.
I would be free to show my affection as I felt inclined, instead of worrying about "time and place" and others wouldn't second guess my devotion-they would inherently know that yes I do love and cherish ALL of my partners without inhibition.

Tags
configurations, relationship, relationship dynamics, relationship structures