Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Sitting in the vancouver sun, listening to vancouver fans freak out in preparation for the big game. Thinking about how busy my life is. And how awesome so much is right now. I am really enjoying the travelling meeting new people and reconnecting with people.

I am even digging apartment shopping, who woulda thunk haha
Old 06-16-2011, 05:21 PM

TIRED, the youngest decided she wanted to party until three last night and i've been fighting a headache all week. c is going to ask a high school crush out for lunch today and i'm anxious as hell about the whole thing.
after examining my feelings for the last few days i've realized it's not him liking her or wanting to spending time with her, its that i want to like her and her to like me. i've had really poor relationships with women in the past and we're hoping these relationships will become like family for us.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Ariakas;86433]Thats true. My successes today are really showcased in my life because of my hard childhood. So thats a great point

Thanks, it really does help me. And just because it bugs me, I must correct my "their" to "there". GRR, I guess I still have some perfectionistic tendencies that I've yet to conquer.

If you saw my house though, you could see that I've conquered so many of them ;-). My mother said to me the other day "so you do know how to clean" after I spent 4 and a half hours cleaning up after the mess my dog made in my bathroom (long story). She's really lucky she's so darn cute and sweet though (the dog, not my mother so much)!

Anyway, back to you, I think it's a really important grounding exercise and I'm glad that you can acknowledge your growth!

Hugs,

Christie
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:46 PM

Mehhhhhhh

Breathes is working too many extra hours this week so I'm missing him and getting just a little tired of my own company. (Did I just say I'm tired of my own company?)

He's not working tomorrow night, unfortunately it's gaming night *sigh*.

I'll get to see him Saturday, IF I can get him to stay awake long enough that is.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM

Went for a ride last night and now on my weekend.. 2 days of nothing. Farmers market tomorrow and hopefully a ride or two.

My new riding partner has been fun. She is in better shape but her skillet is lower, so we push each other on opposite ends of the spectrum. She really rides my ass up and I am helping her "be one with the trail" on the way down. I have been so happy to be back riding, I was worried my skills and strength would have gone away, but I feel confident onthetrail. Might be time to really push myself and get back out onto the more technical runs.

Gloomy, rainy and snowingihpsh here (on the mountain) it's been so hot and sunny it almost good to smell that fresh BC air.

Pengrah and I had a huge talk about poly last night. Kind of a where we stand. We are two different people in poly. She has been poly a very very long time, even though she never had a word for it.. My poly is most definitely new.. Nothing specific came out of the conversation, I just have a better understandin of what she wants, misses and in the end how she sees her involvement in poly.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Not quite ready to meet the world today, but I know it's out there.

Must give myself the luxury of moving slow and steady.

I have been grateful to have been able to expend almost all of my nervous energy at work these last few days. Almost.

I am trying to consider all that has been communicated to me this week, and all that I have found in myself. But not all at once, not right away. My Love is too precious for me not to follow it down this path too, scanning the ground and the trees for creatures and shiny things that trigger my attention.

Believing and accepting and working. Writing. Getting through and getting angry and finding out why. Laughing at the full spectrum of my stubbornness.

Grateful. I would not trade my life for anything.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post
Laughing at the full spectrum of my stubbornness.
How delightful! How free! You are beautiful when you do this.

River's Blog
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 PM

I'm so happy I could

(a) melt
(b) explode
(c) take a nap
(d) blossom

All of the above.

I've won the cosmic jackpot. And I didn't even buy a ticket!

River's Blog
Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Walking along nicely on a trail heading home after a good hike and... Out walks a big ole black bear (lets guess at 6 years for those who would care haah) about 10ft in front of me.

I am going to miss living here..

Last edited by Ariakas; 06-19-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
How delightful! How free! You are beautiful when you do this.
Oh, so it's Rarechild who has you floating feet off the ground.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update