Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maca View Post
As for FB's, LR brought up not being ok with them during our " Boundry making" I agreed that we would leave FB's out. As for FWB, LR wanted there to be a time frame of "friendship" before having sexually contact. 6 months to be exact. At the time I agreed to that. So finding a partner to fill my sexual drive needs, is not an easy just go out and "fuck" sort of thing.

As for changing my living arrangments.... If I could manage to find a way to be happy and live in the same house as LR and GG, I would do it. But I would do it for different reasons than to get laid more often.

I didnt check to see when this post started but it was only a few days ago that I mentioned to LR that I was struggling with the facts that I dont get enough physical intimacy to satisfiy my needs. That I was trying to not break our boundry rules and that I was " taking matters into my own hands" but that just wasnt cutting it. So as far as whining goes...um yeah ..no. I wasnt whining, I was opening up and being honest about somthing that Im a little bit embarassed about ( thats probably why LR didnt mention, outright , that it was me). So much for honesty and openness.
Ahh, Maca, now this is totally different !! It wasn't clear that the previously unnamed person (er, you) was struggling because of agreed-to boundaries that weren't working anymore. That puts a whole new spin on it, whereas before it just seemed like someone who just wanted more and was having a fit. Sounds like, if you two do stay together, you need to renegotiate boundaries... or everything.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maca View Post
As for the guy ( sorry I didnt catch your name) that is deployed. I understand your position. I live in Alaska and work as an Electrician forman. I get sent out of town, to remote villages( I mean really F'ing remote) and do anywhere from 2 week hitches to 10 week hitches. I do know what its like to go without the touch of a woman for extended periods of time, and it sucks. I dealt with it then, just like Ill deal with it now. So I feel your pain. I also wanted to add thanks, Thanks for your service. I really do appreciate what you are doing for us back home.

Maca
lucky for me, this one is only a 4 month det. normally they are 6 months plus. I also deal with it, just like I have every other time but I'm really hoping for at least 3 to 4 times a week when I get back. thanks for the support.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Custodian

From now on Maca should ask questions about Maca and then maybe there wouldn't be this ridiculous kind of miscommunication. This thread is a travesty on a forum where people are always advising each other on ways to communicate more effectively.

Tags
boundaries, love, relationship problems, sex, sexual frustration