Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussNBoots View Post
I must admit I have been following this story with some interest! I gotta be honest--while I don't watch soap operas, checking in on this thread as a lurker was kinda the equivalent for me! I wish you well in your endeavors. And if you have any really hot delicious sex, be sure and mention it! On a more serious note, I have been curious what the experience of poly is like and this thread has been a fascinating read. There were some good pieces of wisdom that I want to remember if ever I should get into a polyamorous relationship.
Just remember that unlike a soap opera, real people are attached to this.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Just remember that unlike a soap opera, real people are attached to this.
Point taken! I must admit, I do feel very inspired by Freetime. I have almost no relationship experience and I find myself wondering, if I should happen to end up in a poly relationship (deliberately or otherwise), will I struggle with these same feelings? I guess there's an alpha personality inside me that wants to rise up to the challenge and deliberately go looking for a poly relationship (and I love the idea of having not just one, but a group of people who are like family to me, know all of my secrets, and can support me and be supported by me).

But after reading Freetime's thread I am also cautious. I can't predict in advance what emotions I might experience, and it might end up being tougher than I had imagined. I hope that you are doing well, Freetime, and you should know that you've got another fan who is cheering for you to succeed!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 AM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Thanks PussNBoots . life's good right now. real good. I'm currently having a drink and smoking a montecristo, pondering just how different my life is today from where this all began.

I wouldn't trade a single day of the pain, fear, uncertainty or tears for an easier journey, because what I have today is a life being lived as it was meant to be.. Filled with real Joy and amazement at the people entering my life. I still have moments of sudden unexpected sadness, but it's just part of letting go and growing up.

I have had moments so intense, so filled with love, kindness, and an Intimacy I have dearly missed.

I have some very basic rules I live by today, here they are.

Don't stop
never back up
Don't slow down
Always forward.

I'm having this tattooed on my left forearm by the way.

Not exactly a safe way to go about this, but the only thing I got playing it safe was a sorrow filled and lonely existence. So yeah, Fuck it.

This may all crash and burn to the ground next week, I may implode tomorrow, but at least I'll do so feeling like a human being experiencing my life to it's fullest. I have such a long way to go, but I have hope that maybe, just maybe, I'll finally be able to stand in the sunlight and say, I get it. I belong.

Stop by anytime, I'll pour us both a drink and we can talk some more about this odd walk into Polyamory.

be well

Freetime.

And TP? I'd marry you right now. is that a crush?

Last edited by Freetime; 06-13-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetime View Post
And TP? I'd marry you right now. is that a crush?
See, I would've jumped on you earlier, but you were all "I'm mono as mono can be!!" and then you showed up with two girlfriends.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
See, I would've jumped on you earlier, but you were all "I'm mono as mono can be!!" and then you showed up with two girlfriends.
Did I ever mention I'm very good at multitasking?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 AM

Wink Mono man

Freetime asked why people are wondering about his having two girlfriends. I replied maybe it's because your posts go something like this:

I'm mono
me mono
Really, I'm mono
I'm absolutely mono
Just call me mono guy
It's impossible to be more mono than me
mono mono mono etc.

Oops I now have two girlfriends...
Old 06-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritGirl View Post
I'm mono
me mono
Really, I'm mono
I'm absolutely mono
Just call me mono guy
mono mono mono etc.

This is great! I'm glad too because there's only room for one really really mono man on here

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritGirl View Post
Freetime asked why people are wondering about his having two girlfriends. I replied maybe it's because your posts go something like this:

I'm mono
me mono
Really, I'm mono
I'm absolutely mono
Just call me mono guy
mono mono mono etc.

Wow I am actually glad for the summary, I haven't been keepibg up, and the hoopla about this has been intruguing from afar. I am happy for a better understanding hahaha...

Its amazing how easy poly is to understand once you figure out you can do non-monogamy haha
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
This is great! I'm glad too because there's only room for one really really mono man on here
Mono is its own sexy, and Polys don't mind sharing it.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 AM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow mono is its own sexy, and Polys don't mind sharing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetime View Post
Mono is its own sexy, and Polys don't mind sharing it.
I like that.

Tags
acceptance, communication, dating, jealousy, marriage vs. polyamory, metamours, struggling, transition