Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
http://www.dagorhirragnarok.com/ It is a week long battle in Pennsylvania.
When did it move to PA?

Hope you guys have a good time. I am so glad darkon only does weekend campouts. Karma has wanted to go to rag but that requires money and me being okay with him being gone that long
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 AM

baby's sick, so momma's not getting any sleep. He's congested and can't sleep laying down or he gts to coughing.
SO, grandma's been stepping in to help so mommy can sleep here and there. Now grandma has it too and feels like shit. Slept til 11am-3pm this afternoon.
Haven't done my homework. Can't think straight, throat hurts.
Supposed to babysit tomorrow...

I feel like shit and I feel overwhelmed.

To top it all off;

Friday night Maca texted that we needed to talk about a "settlement" regarding our marriage. He wants to end the marriage. Still wants a list of things; but no moving back in, no commitment, no marriage.
He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG." Ironically, that friend-knows better. I don't NEED space, I need acceptance.

But-welcome 12 steps..... I'm accepting that which isn't mine to change (his mind).
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
baby's sick, so momma's not getting any sleep. He's congested and can't sleep laying down or he gts to coughing.
SO, grandma's been stepping in to help so mommy can sleep here and there. Now grandma has it too and feels like shit. Slept til 11am-3pm this afternoon.
Haven't done my homework. Can't think straight, throat hurts.
Supposed to babysit tomorrow...
I caught a cold from the twins i sit for too, LR. Started coughing today, took a long nap too. Darn kids!

Quote:

I feel like shit and I feel overwhelmed.

To top it all off;

Friday night Maca texted that we needed to talk about a "settlement" regarding our marriage. He wants to end the marriage. Still wants a list of things; but no moving back in, no commitment, no marriage.
He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG." Ironically, that friend-knows better. I don't NEED space, I need acceptance.

But-welcome 12 steps..... I'm accepting that which isn't mine to change (his mind).
He just can't get over the cheating. It blindsided him and it seems to be a deal-breaker. Or so it seems to me...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
He just can't get over the cheating. It blindsided him and it seems to be a deal-breaker. Or so it seems to me...
Double-standard deal-breaker, but yeah, that's the gist of it. Can't imagine how he's going to manage with the girlfriend, who is currently cheating on one SO with not only him but also another couple. Shrug. Not my problem, not my business, not my deal.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 AM

on a side note, being a grandma is really good at teaching you whta IS your business and what is NOT your business when it comes to loved ones.

I'm getting SOOOOO good at "oh, I don't know... you'll have eto ask his mommy about that." Said with a confused smile.

Makes the daughter laugh.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG."
Whaaaa???

Of course, you're devastated!

Real relationship with GG? But it's real now, how is this going to make it suddenly real? What is the logic here? He has a gf, can't he abide by you having GG as well as Maca in your life? Maca's staying married to you doesn't mean the relationship with GG isn't real. And having GG in your life doesn't mean your marriage to Maca is less than or not "real."

I'm just blurting out what comes to mind. I know you know these things. Where is he? Can I go shake him? :/

Sorry to hear this is happening, but at least he wants to talk - maybe you can convey to him somehow that this is not what you want and there can be a way to stay together. It seems like you are both doing so well living apart, you can still be married and have such an arrangement.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-13-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
When did it move to PA?

Hope you guys have a good time. I am so glad darkon only does weekend campouts. Karma has wanted to go to rag but that requires money and me being okay with him being gone that long
I'm not sure. I'm part of a unit that fights for Winterfell in NY. Rag was in PA last year, but none of my unit was part of Dag before that. Thankfully we already do the weekends for Kingdoms of Novitas and most of us already had garb. Runic Wolf and Wendigo have a couple others who carpooled with them, but I'm driving down by myself.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:23 AM

As of half an hour ago, I am officially a probationary member of a new unit in Darkon! I'v been a "nomad" for a while now, after the group of us split from the country J and I founded. I've had lots of offers, but I didn't want to jump into anything right off the bat - and I'm glad I didn't Carcosa, the new country, is pretty much made up of friends of mine that I've known for a few years, or new people that I like already.

Time to go drinking with my new countrymates
Old 06-13-2011, 01:48 AM

*hug* @ lr.. I have sent my thoughts. Hopefully this all works out somehow. Sorry it has come to this.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:53 AM

I had a great weekend with the island crowd. It was really good to see derby, II, rp, pn, mono and the crowd. Was really good catching up. Had an absolute blast at the friday burlesque show. The bbq yesterday was a perfect one to get the summer started (it was my first of the year)

Thanks to derby and II for being great hosts and putting uyp with two guests. See everyone in a few weeks.

As usual its heart warming to see the realization of poly. It really puts things in perspective what you see poly just being what it is. A bunch of good relationships.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update