Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 AM

"Oh, did you see the card that Emma sent us? She gives such great head."
Utopia!

I like your thinking! I'm envisioning 'east meets west' holistic sex spas. Bliss!
Sex work is legal here, so its completely possible. If only it were covered by insurance as a therapy...the shrinks would lose a fair bit of business me thinks!

To get slightly back on topic (but not really), in this accepting world of yours I doubt we would refer to these people as whores anyhow.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer23 View Post
Probably not. Poly is about love. Brothels are about instant gratification of fantasy and need.
But is it possible that a lot of that need, is just one of the symptoms of a isolated and unfulfilled heart?

You say Poly is about love, love heals does it not?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:37 PM

You're confusing instant gratification-type need with woundedness.

Does the legalization and open sharing of recipes make candy stores obsolete?

How can you claim to love someone with all your heart if you can't stand to let them love with all of theirs?
-me
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer23 View Post
You're confusing instant gratification-type need with woundedness.

Does the legalization and open sharing of recipes make candy stores obsolete?
No, I'm not confusing it. But think its too easy to just label stuff as a 'need' without looking beneath the surface. Its possible that the need for instant gratification is in part a product of culture. It could be biologically conditioned through reward pathways in the brain. "I feel stressed. i go to brothel. stress is alleviated. next time i get stressed...guess where I'm headed...straight back to the cookie jar"

I'm only debating the point, i don't necessarily agree with my argument lol.

In some tantric practices its believed that the male body only needs a physiological ejaculation once every couple of months. And what we actually seek for 'instant gratification' is the experience of release associated with it. In training they can bring you close to orgasm and then teach you how release that build up of energy through breath work and muscle contractions.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
in this accepting world of yours I doubt we would refer to these people as whores anyhow.
In ancient Israel they were called qudesha (female) and qudeshim (male). In ancient Greece they were called heirophants. Both words mean "holy ones."
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 AM

Stargazer,

Can one newbie welcome another? Glad to know there are others out there striving for a broader understanding of love, even if it means big changes. The only thing I know so far is staying open to everything is the only way to make sure you don't miss anything. Have fun and keep us updated on your adventure.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midmandle View Post
Stargazer,

Can one newbie welcome another? Glad to know there are others out there striving for a broader understanding of love, even if it means big changes. The only thing I know so far is staying open to everything is the only way to make sure you don't miss anything. Have fun and keep us updated on your adventure.
Thank you!

My adventure thus far has been filled with wobbliness and scrapes. Working on finding stability but I'm kinda alone over here with no idea how to ride this bike. Just working the pedals and doing my best.

How can you claim to love someone with all your heart if you can't stand to let them love with all of theirs?
-me

Tags
judgment, society