Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Default Idlovetwo's Blog

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It's been an emotionally difficult time for me. Now I thought I would start one of these blogs, maybe it will help me

I'll remind you (see my introduction post here) I'm female, straight, and had a mono relationship with Jan until I discovered I was poly and I fell in love with Carl too.

Jan had a very hard time with my polyness and we broke up for some time, but I can't be a person I am not. Anyway, he knew my door was open, and now he is back, knowing what I'm like and trying to accept it. I try to show him how much I love him, but still it's not easy for him.

My other love, Carl, is poly too. He lives a thousand miles away so it's a LDR for the moment - internet and that, and visiting now and then.

The news is that I'll be moving near Carl at the end of this month (also for work reasons), so then it would be the other way round, LDR with Jan and spending more time with Carl. I'm a bit nervous about it, but excited

The other piece of news is that Carl is back with his ex-mono girlfriend, Paula, who is also trying to accept his polyness. Yup, the same situation as Jan and me! Isn't it funny?

I'm pleased for Carl because I know he loves her. But also, for me, it means that I have a metamour for the first time. I didn't feel "truly poly" until it happened. And it's weird sometimes, even if they are a thousand miles away. I haven't seen Carl in person since they are back together, I wonder how it will feel.

So, this would be an "N", right? (For the moment, that is!) We'll see how the "ends" of the N cope with it. Maybe we should introduce them to each other. LOL.

Last edited by Idlovetwo; 06-11-2011 at 08:21 PM.