Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Has anyone considered forming a "survival" group?

I have recently discovered the polyamory philosophy, but was in a 12 year *open* relationship, a 4 year open relationship, and am now in a new open relationship which is currently in bloom. I put *quotes* on the first one because it was never discussed, but understood. The second was with a European and their views on sex and relationships are much more relaxed than those that we have here in the states. I have never been married, but I am a single mother of a 7 yo boy.

I have also recently been doing alot of research on 2012 and have come to the conclusion that this might be the right time to seek out or create a *survival* community. Again, the *quotes* are because I have not discussed this with anyone in my immediate circle for fears they may have me committed for Chicken Little Disorder, but what the hell do they know anyway?

If anyone on this forum has been researching same, and is interested in same, I would very much like to create a separate dialogue. I can offer some videos and other information, but please take this information with a grain of salt and come to your own conclusions. I don't agree with everything I have read, but i have seen enough to come to my own decisions about what I believe and what I don't. I guess the same could be said about those researching and/or choosing to believe in the polyamory philosophy......

Last edited by AandE; 06-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:10 AM

Surviving what???

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 AM

I am not sure what this has to so with poly...

But that aside... Why would anyone want to survive if 2012 brings unspeakable cataclysm? I certainly don't want to be one of the few left mourning over the ashes, so to speak.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:24 AM

I believe this is talk of a poly family acting as a survival group as well. Based on end of world predictions in 2012..

Thats my take anyways.

And no, never thought of it and not interested. Not really my bag, survival communes are.. umm... ya I will just say, not my thing.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandE View Post

I have also recently been doing alot of research on 2012 and have come to the conclusion that this might be the right time to seek out or create a *survival* community. Again, the *quotes* are because I have not discussed this with anyone in my immediate circle for fears they may have me committed for Chicken Little Disorder, but what the hell do they know anyway?
No offence but if I had a dollar for every day the world was supposed to end, I'd be rich. Relax and stop reading paranoia propaganda. People pray on the fears of others to make money..like survival store sales people who would convince you you need food stockpiles and gas masks for the coming apocolypse.

Again, no offence but my guess is you're here to promote doomsday and have little interest in polyamory. If I'm wrong, I apologize and welcome to the forum

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by redpepper; 06-09-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:33 AM

Good point...I have always desired a kind of polyamorous community living that I have found described here on this forum, and the cultural aspect is very attractive to me. It is born of a higher intelligence. I hope to evolve, not mourn over the ashes.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 AM

Well, I admit to finding the idea of an entire community dedicate to the concept of poly extremely interesting, I don't think that a poly community would survive the end of the world any better than any other kind. In fact they might do worse because in severe survival situations, strong family units are often the key to rebuilding a civilization. And if you have 3 wives and 8 kids and all your wives have 2 or 3 husbands... well... it gets hard to know who to feed first when there isn't enough to go around.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:44 AM

Forgive me as I learn how to navigate this site....but I am in no way promoting doomsday or *survival communes*, but rather am just hoping to find others who may be likeminded in my desire to evolve our culture a bit while still keeping an ear to the ground. Sorry to offend.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 AM

Oh no worries! You didn't offend. Feel free to express anything that you want here.

I think this was just kind of out of left field so people were going "wow, never thought of that before."

i think it's very interesting as a subject on the whole.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:56 AM

Thanks. I was surprised at the initial responses because I thought I was in left field, and was wondering what those with statuses of mono and straight have to do with poly as well. But I suppose if I stick around, I will find out

Tags
2012, survival group