Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Yeah, I think you both have valid perspectives. If he doesn't have a clue as to what my expectations are or doesn't realize the affect a behavior or lack there of is having on me, then we aren't communicating our needs(I am not perhaps). As intelligent as he thinks he is, the man does not have ESP so why do I expect him to read my mind?
At the same time, some of my expectations may not be entirely fair if it is not something he...or KT in this instance, thinks is important. I often get annoyed when I have to explain things in detail, I automatically assume he knows what I want or I'm thinking. Not so. We can finish eachother's sentences once in awhile but no magical sensory perception going-on! So sometimes I should spell it out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
. Even if you have told him do you think he's really heard you?
In a nutshell, no!

Derby- had to laugh at the timing of your post, I just spent 5 hours on and off the phone communicating my expectations and arguing with 2R about the responsibility of meeting expectations. Long argument, emotional and often angry. It finally was resolved. But later on after the battle, I reflected on my own shit of which NYCI speaks...I am going to work on thinking things thru before sharing my expectations and unilaterally thinking he/she must not only understand but agree to it. 2R said, "Not everything you think is right and works, works for everyone else. Not that I disagree with you, but not everyone has the same idea of right, as a matter of fact MOST people would think even our lifestyle is wrong." Point taken.

Last edited by Morningglory629; 06-03-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Because I had so many typos posting from my phone!And I had more to say and reached my text post limit! LOL!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
I often get annoyed when I have to explain things in detail . . .
Omigosh, I can so-o-oooo relate to this, LOL!!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 PM

Default setback

Ok...an unintentional and unusually bad day with KT yesterday. A conversation that didn't need to happen, my fault because it started with an image/memory jog from February and the girls we went away with on a Girls Weekend. I don't think we are in that place now, not at all. But brought out a little resentment. I hope things smooth over quickly. Sorry KT.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Happy day

Gorgeous day- sunny and warm, not too humid!!!!! Following an awesome night. Some deep sharing and cementing trust. I love you 2R! (I know you are reading this, even though you never log-in!)

Busyish day today. Had a much needed breakfast/girl talk with my mom. Took the dog for a leasurely stroll. Worked out a little- weights, squats and lunges. Not a whole lot. A little housework that NEEDED done. Made a great, grilled teriyake chicken salad for dinner. Heading to youngest daughter's play with Hubs after dinner...Grease! Looking forward to the laughs. Youngest daughter is a natural comedian. Goofy beyond belief...picture 21st Century Lucille Ball! And after the play, I am working the 11p to 7a shift! UGH! But worth the family time most def!

Happy and healthy and breathing easy.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM

Old 06-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Default Whew!

Busy week last week, busier this week. Two oldest graduated high school so very little time to be on here. I am very anxious today. Lots of things going on. As far as poly...good and bad mixed in this week. Hoping it is short term on the bad. I will blog more this weekend, after grad party. Having about 150 people so needless to say that is adding to the frazzle factor!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Great weekend

So busy and my body feels like it was hit by a truck, but the party turned out to be a beautiful event. Of course I expected more teens to eat us out of house and home but Taylor Swift took some away. Had so much food left over. But it was a good time. Good to see some people I have not seen in a long time. And thanks to KT and 2Rings for helping out so much! Me AND the Hibs appreciated your efforts.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
So busy and my body feels like it was hit by a truck, but the party turned out to be a beautiful event. Of course I expected more teens to eat us out of house and home but Taylor Swift took some away. Had so much food left over. But it was a good time. Good to see some people I have not seen in a long time. And thanks to KT and 2Rings for helping out so much! Me AND the Hibs appreciated your efforts.
Glad the party was a success! Sounds like things are going well. Teens do eat a lot. I eat like a 17 year old boy. People don't expect it when they first see me. lol. Sometimes it gets expensive, feeding me!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Omigosh, I can so-o-oooo relate to this, LOL!!!
hahaha.. something in common. I.. have challenges with details sometimes..

Its a fundamental difference between pengrah and I.. she wants details.. I hate giving lil details..

Its always a fun game when we try to compare notes..
Old 06-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Default The end of June has arrived

We are on the eve of July. The proposed start of a new phase, somewhat more open relationship with 2Rings. Kat seems to be doing well with it. She will have to comment for sure. But she has been very cooperative with me as far as scheduling etc and I think I have been as well, and we had a good time last week at my kids' party. They both got to meet my entire family. Well the closer ones to me anyway. Hoping that they finally get their own date-nite or couple weekend soon, and I can babysit for them. I think they are going to do something this weekend for a bit and have the older daughter watch the younger son.

Last night was the anniversary of me starting this polyamorous life. Spent the day with some of my best gf's. Got to work a bit late, and met up with 2Rings after work. All in all a very happy day for me. Lots of laughs with my friends, planning an outing(maybe a baseball game) and our college Alumni weekend for October. Work was work, no excitement there. Time with 2Rings...awesome but I can't get the gorilla with the iceberg lettuce out of my head! LOL!

Sunny day today. Going for a long walk with youngest daughter and the dog in a few. I am going to see some friends tomorrow night since plans changed with KT and 2Rings, so we (me and my bff) will grill some steaks and drink some wine and enjoy the lovely evening, maybe some 4th fireworks will come early. Enjoy your weekend peeps. Happy poly practicing!

Tags
metamours, secondary