Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Default Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Ok, lets all have a few laughs, and post up your most recent OKC messages you have received, and let us know if the message worked to get you to respond or not.

Personally, I haven't received anything in a LOOONG time.

Trying to keep it out of the other thread which is about your online dating preferences and/or "what's your thing".
Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 AM

My most recently received email message on OkCupid was:

"Hello"

Inspiring, is it not? It tells me ever so much about the person!

/snark

Honestly, I don't know how to reply to these. I need a canned response or something that I can cut and paste when the person gives me so little inspiration.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:44 AM

The one word post has already been covered. (Recently I got a message that said "Nice." That's it... No idea if he's commenting on my personality, boobs or grammar.

The one I almost responded to: "We have a lot in common and I wanted to say "hi"! I would love to chat sometime."

The prize for most verbose, and wrong target audience goes to: "Goodmorning..
How are you doing..l must confess,your profile has really captured my attention and i will love to share in the joy of your smile,in fact i want to get to know you if you don't mind.Wow, I like your striking smile, could surely make an angel with broken wings go an extra mile. I miss being in love and after staying away from the love scene for long time due to reasons I will tell you later on as we get to know more about each other, I have finally decided to give love one last shot. You might be wondering why I am writing to you with distance between us. I am looking for my soul mate and I will look everywhere in the world for her. You have got the spark and smile and that's the first thing I look for. I will be glad if we get to know each other and become friends.You never know we could become the next success story on here as good couples.If you like,you can reach me by messenger or email. Please let me know if you wanted to talk and I will share my info with you..
"

Paragraphs are your friends... I hope he cuts and pastes this... it sounds sincere, and would have worked 2 years ago on me... I just don't believe in "the one" anymore.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM

Wow Clairgoad....I'm a GUY, and I almost want to respond to that message! Hell, if a woman sent that to me....I would DEFINATLY respond to it! LOL But then...I'm a guy.

One word responses, yes...I understand those and my wife gets them form time to time. She even got one a couple days ago and the guy was commenting on her FEET, and how he wanted to worship her feet and kiss them. Yeahhhh....Ummm...No. More power to those people who are in to that sort of thing, but....really? On the first e-mail?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Too bad I've deleted most of mine.

However, the two that I remember were:

"You are very attractive. I would like to have the sex with you."

And:

"How many times have you cheated on your husband?"

I'm assuming the second guy thought I was cheating because I am listed as married.

I do not have a good response as of yet for those whom I am not feeling a connection with. How do you say "I read your profile and nothing stood out to me" without being mean?? There has to be a nice way of saying not interested, but I haven't found it yet.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
I do not have a good response as of yet for those whom I am not feeling a connection with. How do you say "I read your profile and nothing stood out to me" without being mean?? There has to be a nice way of saying not interested, but I haven't found it yet.
You're not obligated to respond at all, but you can ask questions if their profile isn't giving you enough info. Or, if you feel you must just say no, you can just say, "Thanks for your interest. I've read your profile and don't have a sense that we're right for each other at this point. I wish you well in your search." Nothing mean about the truth when simply stated.

Then block them to prevent pestering you after that.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-06-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 PM

I like that one, I'm stealing it!

the other really odd thing is when I'm on (normally just to check messages really quick once or twice a week), and somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...

I am assuming there are a lot of people out there that enjoy passing their hours chatting with mysterious strangers. I am not one of those people.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
. . . somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...
Go into your settings and turn Chat off. Simple!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I like that one, I'm stealing it!

the other really odd thing is when I'm on (normally just to check messages really quick once or twice a week), and somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...

I am assuming there are a lot of people out there that enjoy passing their hours chatting with mysterious strangers. I am not one of those people.
I always quickly check their profile before chatting. If they are a high match, seem intelligent and look OK, I will chat them, if I have time. I think it's good to hear their voice in real time, not in a carefully composed message.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 PM

HAHA got up this morning to this one

Hmmm. So your husband likes to watch. Have you guys acted out this fantasy before? It doesn't get weird?

Chris

Tags
communication, online dating