Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 04:34 AM

Default hello polly people

Hi, this is my first summer living in a city (as opposed to a small town) and my first summer in which I know about this non-monogamy stuff ^^

I don't currently have contact with anyone with similar knowledge and interests in polyamory. I'm making an effort to venture into many online communities, which is also something I have not done much of for some years.

I'm not in a relationship. I am trying to write out what I would want in one, and I find it unfortunate that this poly stuff is so unknown. Thankfully I am in a city now, so more varieties of people are around, and I go to university where there may be like minded people as well...
Old 05-28-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudsLater View Post
I am trying to write out what I would want in one, and I find it unfortunate that this poly stuff is so unknown.
What would you want in any relationship, whether poly or mono? Love, mutual respect, caring, affection, camaraderie, shared interests, intellectual and sexual compatibility, honest communication - as a start!

Now, as to a poly dynamic or configuration, well, you can't predict what situation you'd end up in, but you might have some goals or ideas to pursue, related to how many people, genders and orientation of all involved, whatever. Feel free to contribute to a thread I started for other single/solo poly people to discuss the kinds of poly relationships we fantasize about creating for ourselves. There hasn't been activity on it of late - go here: Solo poly people - what's your ideal?

And Welcome!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:49 PM

Welcome aboard.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.