Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I bet a lot of men are curious abut having sex with other men...but we, as in men, are heavily trained and influenced that doing anything "gay" is wrong.
Unfortunately, this "anything gay" many times includes all of the wonders of the prostate as well. This is tragic to me, that many men ignore such a rich source of pleasure in their own bodies, because they associate this with the above mentioned training. It is so taboo that many men are not even aware that they have this pleasure potential that is the twin of the g-spot and the root of their sexual selves.

Embrace it, guys. Believe me.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post

Embrace it, guys. Believe me.
-R
No comment....accept......WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!.....I hate being so gay

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
You're absolutely right Brigids !
I think that starts to change sometimes if you get a few multipartner experiences under your belt. Your imagination starts to come back. And imagination in sex is critical !

GS
For me the change in thought process happened while I was studying for my degree. I have a B.S. in Family Development; studying the different family dynamics across cultures made me think about how children are raised with certain beliefs that are designed to help them fit and function in society as adults. We had many discussions and projects that, over time, helped me find my own core values apart from social conditioning.

A decade ago, it was Runic Wolf holding the mirror infront of my face and saying "honey, you're bi, you need to experience that part of you" and creating/ allowing situations where I could explore my sexuality safely. I honestly don't think I could have emotionally handled him exploring his own at the same time. (Before you say that sounds unfair, I recognize this, but at the time we were stationed 2,000 miles away from home and he was my only family/ support.)

We've never had problems with imagination in sex. But poly does present some interesting postions that cannot be accomplished with only 2 people.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Something else to consider is the possibility that of that percentage you mentioned of men who identify as bi or gay, its possible that a higher percentage are gay than bi, thus looking for a couple like a bi sexual woman might doesn't appeal to them because they have no interest in women.

Just a thought though.