Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Unhappy When did you know you weren't monogamous?

Im having a hard time dealing with the guilt of knowing I cant be monogamous. My partner and I have been together nearly five years. Ive always had the urges to explore other relationships but I havent had the confidence to voice them until now. I feel like this could end my relationship, these feelings. My partner doesn't share my sentiments (which is fine) but I worry how I am going to be able to cope with all of this. Do I stay in the relationship with the partner I love and adore or do I stay to persue what I feel in my heart is the kind of relationships I am supposed to have?

My question for all you is: When did YOU know you were non-monogamous and how did you deal with the feelings? Were their any repercussions if you were in a mono relationship at the time?

Tags
boundaries, cheating, coming out poly, commitment, defintion, description, descriptions, discovery, dissatisfaction, first time, happiness, history, introduction to poly, learning, mono poly, mono/poly, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, poly, relationship issues, scale