Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
My ex is a wonderful woman and my daughter is amazingly talented and individual. They both are thriving and seam quite happy where they are now in life. I would like to share more of my life with them but that is not the case currently....who knows what the future brings though....This is a success and happiness thread after all!!!!
I'm now wondering why I even asked - was I trying to pick holes in your happy life - just cos I'm struggling and want eveyone else to be struggling too?? xx
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM

No worries Midnight...us Monos are a funny bunch and you are in a different situation than me. I feel for you. Take care and keep your face to the sun where the warmth is

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 PM

You guys are inspiring. I hope you keep posting, becuase days like today-I really need a happy inspiring real story. Some days are tough.
Nothing major in our lives going WRONG-just feels like nothing is going right either but you give me hope.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
No worries Midnight...us Monos are a funny bunch and you are in a different situation than me. I feel for you. Take care and keep your face to the sun where the warmth is
You are very kind....

You know what - people tell me I hide my light.... I should maybe let you know that life is not always as bad as I paint it... (though sometimes it feels that way)

My husband of nearly 30 years is totally in love with me. He is kinda in love with this other woman, but she's definitely secondary. He does seem to love me better since he fell for her ( a couple of years ago). We probably will meet as a threesome to discover whether there's any prospect of making something work between us 3, but my husband is now saying that if she's not up for it (respecting the primacy of his marriage and our family) then it will have to end....

I am beginning to learn something about my jealousy also. I don't doubt he loves me. I seem to be envious of something he has, that i don't. This seems to go back to me being a twin. I was always kinda jealous of her - thought she was prettier than me (we were identical twins!!) I was the clingy one - she the one who was lookin out more....

So - if i could possibly overcome my possessiveness and turn outwards myself - who knows what might be out there waiting for me....

love to you all
xx
Old 10-04-2009, 01:28 AM

Not a big post....I'm just happy and in Love, rejuvenated, connected and ready to build an even better life with my Lilo and chosen family

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-04-2009, 11:57 PM

My mum invited Mono to my brother's girlfriends birthday lunch party! Okay, she is probably doing it begrudgingly, and grumbling under breath, and will ignore him and be super fake.... but I am happy that at least she is backing down and including us.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 AM

OH YAY! I hope it's not too aqward and she behaves herself. Maybe the therapist got her thinking a little. I hope she's really turning around.

Home
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 AM

I wish you guys luck. I'm sure your mum would not want to ruin a perfectly good party and probably would not have invited Mono if there were too many people against the relationship and would have a problem with him being there.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
My mum invited Mono to my brother's girlfriends birthday lunch party!
I think your mum has a secret crush on me..better let her know I'm mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 AM

My mum dropped my boy off at the door tonight after taking him out. The first I've seen of her. She looked sheepish, and uncertain. I was compelled to hug her, so I did. I told her I was glad to see her and smiled. She hugged me back and let out a long sigh. I'm not sure what it meant but I think it was good The ice is breaking on her anti poly heart perhaps?

Mono stopped by on the way home from a long ride and visit with his friends. He stopped for a mear 2 minutes. Long enough for me to wrap my arms around him, tell him I love him and give him a kiss straight from my heart to his. I can't bear not to see him once a day. Those two minutes were all I needed to connect and feel him on my skin as I smoothed his face. All I needed to feel whole for another day.

I love him so dearly. No one can take that away from me and I won't change it for anything in the world. He is my home and my family.

Last edited by redpepper; 10-05-2009 at 03:11 AM.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee