Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 AM

Sorry I meant her yeah not he. That's actually a good idea, and I haven't thought of it before. Like I said I like him from what I know, he's a good guy with a good heart but I don't want to hurt what they have, but he knows I love his wife and he's ok with it, maybe he just needs some time to get to know me. Thank you for your advice truckerpete this is all a new learning experience for me and I thank all the people who are of this community for helping me
thank you all

Last edited by kingtone; 05-19-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
he became involved in my family and hung out with my husband...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
If you and he have any shared interests, invite him out for that. Or if you don't, go for drinks. Just two guys, getting to know each other, not talking about his wife or poly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtone View Post
That's actually a good idea, and I haven't thought of it before.... Thank you for your advice truckerpete this is all a new learning experience for me and I thank all the people who are of this community for helping me
thank you all
sorry, did I not say that?

*sigh*

never mind, maybe you blocked my posts...
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 AM

No you didn't say anything about that redpepper, and again I resent the fact that you have a superior attitude about this. So far you have not offered constructive help, just attacked the way I am living my life and I am sick of it. I joined this group to get advice not to hear people sigh at me and believe that I don't know what I'm doing. If you don't have anything that can help me then please don't comment I really could go without your harsh comments.
while I work through this.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
sorry, did I not say that?

*sigh*

never mind, maybe you blocked my posts...
[chuckle] Don't worry, RP. It's not a competition.

Everyone has their own way of taking in information. It might seem to you like you said the same thing. I think the OP might've read your original post the way I did... that you were saying Mono got to know your hubs by hanging with the family. It didn't sound like you were saying, go out with just the hubs, at least not the way TP did. No biggie, the good thing is that some good info was shared here with the OP.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
[chuckle] Don't worry, RP. It's not a competition.
ya, not competing, just having one of those moments today of feeling completely unappreciated and like I am talking, but am invisible... one of those, "why do I fucking bother" moments ya know? all my own stuff I think.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone feel out of place but sighing at me and telling me I need to grow up doesn't help. again I get you're an old hand at this but you haven't offered any hep just critisim please if you can't say something to help redpepper please leave this post alone
Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtone View Post
Our rhythm has been settled around her husbands reactions, its fine for him to spend as much time as he can with his GF but when it comes to our time, he restricts it. We can't even go to the movies at full peak times because he's worried some one might see us together.

This isn't fair. Can he go to the movies with his gf at peak times? Is he afraid of people seeing him with his gf? Perhaps he feels studly to be seen with another woman, but diminished if his wife is seen with another man. This is sexist, of course.

Since this couple has a history of cheating previous to opening their marriage, they do have some trust issues to work out, I would think.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Perhaps he feels studly to be seen with another woman, but diminished if his wife is seen with another man. This is sexist, of course.

It definitely supports the idea that women are possessions to be collected and manly men don't let thier women hang with other guys. If it looks sexist to me it's got to be bad

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 05-19-2011, 03:02 PM

Uh oh, we agree on something for once? Quick, go ride your Harley or go punch somebody!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Uh oh, we agree on something for once? Quick, go ride your Harley or go punch somebody!

HAHA! I'll combine both and call it a dream vacation

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over