Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 AM

No, he didn't lose his job, lost his roommate who got sent to Afghanistan.

I'm honestly not sure if she's still breastfeeding or not. But, she's going to have to ween him by then if she wants me to keep him for 2-4 weeks.
I haven't put a whole lot of effort into getting details-because she's SO MUCH easier to talk to in person than by text (she can't talk on the phone out of Alaska or she's on roaming) and she'll be here Saturday.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 AM

BLECH-sick of clouds!

My toes are cold and I have socks AND shoes on! Just looking at them makes me feel shivery!

Otherwise-things are going ok.

I finished 11 out of 15 assignments due in by Saturday, in my English111 class. Maca has the little one right now, so I'm getting ready to work on some more school work.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
No, he didn't lose his job, lost his roommate who got sent to Afghanistan.

I'm honestly not sure if she's still breastfeeding or not. But, she's going to have to ween him by then if she wants me to keep him for 2-4 weeks.
I haven't put a whole lot of effort into getting details...
Ahhh, it would break my heart to leave my infant for 2 to 4 weeks. I'm sure you'll do a great job taking care of the baby, but gosh, she's so young.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Mag, I can't even IMAGINE leaving my infant for so long, so early.... hell, so long. I wasn't apart for so long from any of mine before they were two.

BUT-I think for her, it's a matter of complete trust. She and I, well, it was just the two of us for 6 years before I married Maca. We have a different bond than just mother/daughter.

Ironically-I have a trip planned for two weeks later this year and then the two months with Maca next year. I told Maca not long ago, that I'd rather buy her a plane ticket to come up and babysit while GG's at work, than leave the kids with someone else while he's at work and we're gone.
SO, I guess the feeling is mutual.

I'm so excited that she's going to be home Saturday!! I'm sure in a week I'll be whining about babies interrupting my school work time; but for now-I'm just excited to see them again!!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I really loathe telling someone I'm poly and then having them assume that means they have a chance.
Oh, SHIT!!!
As to your hoping that Spicy has weaned the little one by the time you're left holding the baby, have a look at this.
Happy baby-sitting, Grandmaw!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 PM

Haha, ain't happening! After the breast reduction (from an F+ to a B-C cup) last March, there's a HIGH probability that I couldn't get enough milk even if I DID want to-which I DO NOT.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 AM

Wow, I didn't know about that. You must feel so much lighter.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 05-21-2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Wow, I didn't know about that. You must feel so much lighter.
Unbelievably so. But, the more important part is that I have a life again.

I had a neck injury (C6-C7 disk). The fragments were pressing against my spine and cutting through the nerves to my left arm, pressing against the nerves to my right arm. The pain was so severe that I was VERY limited in what I could do at all.

Anyway-the weight of the breasts was exacerbating things. New Years Eve '09 I went in for emergency surgery on my neck. March 18th they cleared me as having made it through healthy and whole. Then, March 26th I was in surgery for the reduction. The C5-C6 disk was starting to go-they found that during the first surgery and the Dr's were adamant (not that I had an issue with it-I didn't) that the weight of the breasts was the problem that was causing my neck to fall apart.

SO-it's awesome to be lighter, able to move normally again, not on any pain meds, not in pain.
It was a 5 year long NIGHTMARE and I'm SO glad it's over!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 AM

My girl is home safe and sound. The baby is grumpy as hell about all of the change.

Sat at the lake with them and my littlest one this afternoon-very relaxing!

It was warm and beautiful today. I happily worse my bikini top and shorts and was comfortable all day. YIPPEE. I LOVE SUMMER!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Is the grandbaby still breastfeeding? Inquiring lactivists want to know!

So glad you got your neck and booby issues taken care of!

miss pixi, 37

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics