Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 AM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow keep this thread going!

keep this thread going...! it feels like a chat around a campfire...
Hey, pass the marshmallows, I'm carved some sticks for us...
Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 PM

i have to be around people for quite awhile before i let my walls down, its a protective measure that i've retained and strengthened since childhood. i've made myself easier to forget, so that i could always come and go as i please. now i waver between this and being blunt and upfront about everything regardless of everyone's acceptance.

i also have a very "alpha" personality, which always makes it feel like a struggle for dominance around other women, though this isn't an issue with men. in love i tend to be too adaptable, and tend to loose myself to please others. i'm stubborn, independent to a fault, and have a constant itch for travel and adventure.
as much as these qualities can be viewed as vaults, some of them of my favorite parts of myself
Old 05-17-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyslippers View Post
keep this thread going...! it feels like a chat around a campfire...
Hey, pass the marshmallows, I'm carved some sticks for us...
So does anyone have a good ghost story or songs for the campfire. I was a Girl Scout for many years and sat around a few campfires. I have also danced around a few but sure, the Girls Scouts would not approve of that To share more about me... I had a great childhood. I am a only child and have a close relationship with both my mom and dad. The move to Seattle is going to be a wonderful part of my journey in life. I have two friends of 27 years that I call my sisters living there and will be moving in with the older of the two. I belive as long as I am alive I can always grow. For me the key is to have a opened mind and heart.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 PM

A lot of the descriptions here could be easily applied to me.
I think most people will treat others like they treat them. Although, I generally prefer to deal with hostility by giving sarcasm back. I love to play mind games with them too. If they can't treat me nicely, I may as well have my fun.

I enjoy large groups, because there will always be someone else doing the talking. One on one, there is always a great chance that neither of you will have anything to talk about. I do actually like just sitting in silence, but most people find it to be awkward.

I'm quite open when people do engage me in conversation though. Even though I don't enjoy starting a conversation, I love listening and replying to questions. The more thought out and interesting the question, the more I'll put into my answer. I never lie either.

I feel I have quite a dominant personality and I'm really damn stubborn! I love for things to always go my way. But I try everyday to change that. It's not something I like about myself. I feel there are times i really need to step back and not get involved. It's difficult.

I try to make the most difficult things simple. I hate when people try to use big fancy words when it would have been quicker and easier to understand in 2 words. I don't want to read an essay, I just want to understand. I believe it was Einstein or someone around his time that said "An intellgient person can be seen as one who can explain the most difficult things in a simple way." Intelligence is sexy!

Speaking of which... The things I find most interesting, I will always study, even in my free time. I don't need to be forced into education to learn the things that interest me. That's one thing I hate about the education system. But that's for another thread.

LR said "If I'm not careful it comes off like I don't care, when that's not at all the case."
I am just like this. I like to be honest and to the point. It often upsets people, because they think I just don't care. But what makes it harder is, even when I tell them honestly and straight that I DO care... They don't believe me.

I like to keep busy. If I didn't have people to talk to and things to do, I would not be able to be as happy as I always try to be. As long as I'm busy, I am happy. Hopefully I can add to that when my music studio comes into fruition!

I think I may add this to my life blog too. Feel free to ask if you want to know more.
=]