Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Pet peeve alert!!

"The world owes me"

I hate that statement. The "world" owes nothing to anyone. . People may have wronged us but that does not make us entitled to shit from "the world". We should be helped to help ourselves and nothing more.

Being kicked in the nuts doesn't make us entitled, a hero or a matyr. "Help me up" but don't "pick me up". When you stand back up and move forward that is when the world will see who you truly are and you won't be near as easy to kick in the nuts again.

The world owes you nothing.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Pet peeve alert!!

"The world owes me"

I hate that statement. The "world" owes nothing to anyone. . People may have wronged us but that does not make us entitled to shit from "the world". We should be helped to help ourselves and nothing more.

Being kicked in the nuts doesn't make us entitled, a hero or a matyr. "Help me up" but don't "pick me up". When you stand back up and move forward that is when the world will see who you truly are and you won't be near as easy to kick in the nuts again.

The world owes you nothing.
...Its called Karma. Its part of my religion. Pet peeve alert for me is to put down my religion. My childhood was taken from me, so yes the world DOES owe me something. XYZ had alot MORE taken from her, the world DOES owe her something.

I guess you didnt know so i wont get mad, but now you know. Dont knock my religion, it means more to me than anything. You may believe that your entitled to nothing, but it helps me sleep at night knowing that watching alot of people die in front of my eyes wasnt for nothing. That good things WILL happen to me. That the things ive done will be repayed with good and bad. It made me into what and who i am today, who are you all to tell me thats wrong?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker239 View Post
...Its called Karma. Its part of my religion. Pet peeve alert for me is to put down my religion. My childhood was taken from me, so yes the world DOES owe me something. XYZ had alot MORE taken from her, the world DOES owe her something.

I guess you didnt know so i wont get mad, but now you know. Dont knock my religion, it means more to me than anything. You may believe that your entitled to nothing, but it helps me sleep at night knowing that watching alot of people die in front of my eyes wasnt for nothing. That good things WILL happen to me. That the things ive done will be repayed with good and bad. It made me into what and who i am today, who are you all to tell me thats wrong?
Obviously I struck a fundamental cord. Sorry for that. But I do still have an issue with anyone or belief that the world owes you something. Just like I have issues with my roman catholic background in some areas. Sorry man, I'll let this go and move on...this is one of those conversations that leads to negativitiy and I do that very well when I chose to.

Take care

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Obviously I struck a fundamental cord. Sorry for that. But I do still have an issue with anyone or belief that the world owes you something. Just like I have issues with my roman catholic background in some areas. Sorry man, I'll let this go and move on...this is one of those conversations that leads to negativitiy and I do that very well when I chose to.

Take care
You two. I dont want to argue this either
Old 10-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Not to mention it has nothing to do with poly... Let alone unicorns, which is what this thread is about.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Not to mention it has nothing to do with poly... Let alone unicorns, which is what this thread is about.
This thread is about the update of my previous thread.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you Hindu? Buddhist? My understanding of Karma is that it's about your deeds and acts and how those deeds and acts produce the energy that creates the circumstances of your life. The fundamental pillar of Karma is that we ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and our own misery. In fact it goes *against* the principles of Karma to believe that "the world owes us" for the things that have happened to us. To follow a Karmic path is to examine our own deeds and actions to recreate the realities we live in.

When I said before that the world owes a lot of people a lot of things, it was in reference to the futility of the whole idea. The only thing that owes you anything is you. That's what Karma is about.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
Are you Hindu? Buddhist? My understanding of Karma is that it's about your deeds and acts and how those deeds and acts produce the energy that creates the circumstances of your life. The fundamental pillar of Karma is that we ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and our own misery. In fact it goes *against* the principles of Karma to believe that "the world owes us" for the things that have happened to us. To follow a Karmic path is to examine our own deeds and actions to recreate the realities we live in.

When I said before that the world owes a lot of people a lot of things, it was in reference to the futility of the whole idea. The only thing that owes you anything is you. That's what Karma is about.
Buddhist. ANYTHING bad that happens requires something good, anything good requires something bad.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Buddhist. ANYTHING bad that happens requires something good, anything good requires something bad.
That's not really Karma, at least not in the Buddhist traditions I've practiced.

But I digress.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Interesting concept, but not Buddhist I don't think. Good begets good, bad begets bad.

Ceoli you are so articulate some times. Your words make me drool... I wasn't going to say anything and you just said it better than I ever could!

B, I love your passion. Your willingness to put yourself out there is amazing..