Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 06:05 AM

OK..so there have been some challenges for my chosen family and me but there is usually something good in every hurdle.

Tonight I was babysitting Redpepper's son so they could take care of some stuff. During this time her dad came over to give their son a music lesson. I found him just as friendly as before he knew I was his daughter's boyfriend.

Even more important to me was that I felt no discomfort in being alone with him. Why? My intentions are good. I love Redpepper and her family. I have nothing to hide and honestly want to bring Redpepper and her husband closer. I also want to help them thrive and share in watching their son grow.

Earlier in the day I got an e-mail from Redpepper's husband. He was checking in on my welfare and asked how he could help me get the most out of my relationship with Redpepper. How selfless is that . He was asking if my own needs were being met and reminding me to be upfront and vocal about what I need. In actually I have so few needs I think they feel I am holding back sometimes LOL!!

He is an amazing man...which doesn't help with the whole idea of why she wants me in her life. I am a very lucky man indeed

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-24-2009, 06:31 AM

You do have very few needs love, but we also like to help when you do... allowing us to do that is a joy to us. You'll need to let go of being so adamantly independent as we just won't put up with you doing things on your own when you could use a helping hand

Our up coming poly meeting tomorrow night is about Poly success. I think this whole thread should be read. We have been very blessed and worked damned hard to create that.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:39 AM

I think we can just sit there and people will know

We have worked so hard...looking forward to leaving some of that energy behind in my old place even though I will miss it. WOW...we really are all making this work and it feels so natural

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-24-2009, 06:04 PM

it is humbling for me to read about this...
I'm new to all of this - feel scared - feel small hearted - cos I want to keep my husband to myself - not have him be with the other woman he's kinda fallen in love with.... but the loving way you all care for each others feelings is awe inspiring - i'm gonna have to keep opening up to this I think, even though it's scary and it hurts
x
Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
it is humbling for me to read about this...
I'm new to all of this - feel scared - feel small hearted - cos I want to keep my husband to myself - not have him be with the other woman he's kinda fallen in love with.... but the loving way you all care for each others feelings is awe inspiring - i'm gonna have to keep opening up to this I think, even though it's scary and it hurts
x
I replied to this on your How do Mono's cope with Poly's? thread.

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 AM

I’m supposed to be packing for a move closer to Redpepper but I wanted to pass on our evening’s activities.

Redpepper’s husbands’ mother and step dad invited us all over for supper tonight. They did this as a pseudo “welcome to the family” event. We all had an excellent time! His parents never batted an eye in seeing all of us together after being told about our poly relationship. They interacted with me as family and the atmosphere was so friendly and natural that I am a little blown away.

I felt totally at ease because I know my own heart and intentions and my love for thier family shows. Redpepper looked radiant and happy, her son was playing with all of us and her husband seemed laid back and enjoyed himself. We have made plans for thanks giving and his mother invited me to come along for supper again at their place. I am floored at how inviting they are and am sure Redpepper will sleep better tonight

Peace and Love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 AM

As I keep saying...this is so awesome guys. Makes my heart smile for you all!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 AM

Hi everyone. I just got back from a beer and nachos with Redpepper's husband. We were checking out a pub in my new neighborhood. It's been a rough week for me in a few ways and it was good to sit down and relax with him. We are true friends tied together by the love of one amazing woman.

We talked about many things from how we do poly, peoples opinions of what we are building both poly and monogamistic, mushrooms, cable tv and the Hell's Angels.

I am grounded again and feel more positive than ever. Connecting with her husband is very important to my healthy role in our relationship. It is easy because I respect and genuinely care for his well being. I can't stress how important mutual respect is in our dynamic.

I am enjoying building a space with Redpepper to grow in and fill with our energy. She said this was very connecting for her (I think that was her term). Like she is no longer a guest but a part of my home...she always was a part of it but now she feels it.

I'm blessed

Just wanted everyone to know that we are all good within our love.
Take care
Mono.

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 AM

sounds really lovely ..... is there any prospect of bringing your own family (well - maybe not your ex, but your child (boy/girl? I've forgotten)) into this lovely alternative family? I imagine that would just complete the circle for you.....
Old 10-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
sounds really lovely ..... is there any prospect of bringing your own family (well - maybe not your ex, but your child (boy/girl? I've forgotten)) into this lovely alternative family? I imagine that would just complete the circle for you.....

My ex is a wonderful woman and my daughter is amazingly talented and individual. They both are thriving and seem quite happy where they are now in life. I would like to share more of my life with them but that is not the case currently....who knows what the future brings though....This is a success and happiness thread after all!!!!

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 10-02-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee